Man bites God

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Amazing ... but how exactly does man bite God? Sorry, I have a bee in my bonnet regarding the notion that modern science somehow "disproves" God or makes him/her/it seem less omnipotent.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
XmisterIS said:
Amazing ... but how exactly does man bite God? Sorry, I have a bee in my bonnet regarding the notion that modern science somehow "disproves" God or makes him/her/it seem less omnipotent.

Its a jokey play on "man bites dog". Plus its playing up to all the Richard Dawkin's beleivers and disapprovers. The research is nothing to do with god other than some numpties in religeous groups have started pointing fingers. (Always a good sign you're doing something right):smile:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
downfader said:
Its a jokey play on "man bites dog". Plus its playing up to all the Richard Dawkin's beleivers and disapprovers. The research is nothing to do with god other than some numpties in religeous groups have started pointing fingers. (Always a good sign you're doing something right):biggrin:

I bet this guy is at the front of the queue:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frxHwXbSh5U

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Creating life in the Lab. Yep a whole new technology with wonderful possibilities for us, the humans, to exploit. Being a lover of the natural world I would be keen to see appropriate "anti escape" rules and safety measures tho'.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Creating life in the Lab. Yep a whole new technology with wonderful possibilities for us, the humans, to exploit. Being a lover of the natural world I would be keen to see appropriate "anti escape" rules and safety measures tho'.

They've done it. Suicide genes, extra vigilance in lab to make sure nothing goes in or comes out. Special systems of aircon, windows and doors. Biosuits and incubation tanks..

..and I'm just quoting the stuff I learnt of some 15 years back when I studied microbiology in college, its far more advanced now. Hopefully these things are constantly reviewed and updated.

Top Bottom