Man down…man down!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hudson1984

Über Member
Well, after buying my bike, rollers, power pedals and all that jazz, I picked up covid…which has been wonderful (especially as we’ve a 3 year old who also had it and certainly didn’t wanna let daddy sleep)

So, today, wife and I decided to start our “training” all on turbo for now, as it’s easier to manage which the lad in bed etc.

I needed to swap out my pedals, sadly the bikes previous owner was clearly the hulk as he’d overtightened the pedals by that much that when I finally freed them up I ended up punching my chain ring as they come away…. So bit of gaffa tape and some swearing later I’m good to go.

Now, I haven’t used rollers for well over a decade and bugger me they’re tough!! We went rollers (wahoo rollr) as it’s so easy to swap bikes. Takes about 3 seconds which is perfect for us.

I managed 15 minutes which I’m ok with, it’s a start. But absolute minimum power output is about 200w which on my previous turbo, I was sitting happily at about 100w in warmups lol so it’s a whole heap harder so 15min was pretty gruelling but hey, I think if I can get up to 30mins 3 times a week at this effort, it’ll soon get easier and make those road rides all the more enjoyable.

Anyway….man down! Sore finger, sore arse, sore legs

si_c

Guru
Anyway….man down! Sore finger, sore arse, sore legs
Just add some scotch to the mix and you can have a sore head tomorrow too! :tongue:

Top Bottom