Man Down, Me

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

For those that asked a cursory look at the bike this morning, it appears to have survived, not tried to put the wheel back in just but steering appears to be straight, bar-ends filled with mud & another few scratches but other than that okay.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You'll believe a man can fly! (But not for very long :whistle:)

GWS

Drago

Legendary Member
Obituary - Norman "Phaeton" Trainspotter, 1903-2020.

Norman Trainspotter was born on 12th January 1903. At age 2 he was up t'chimneys, and at age 4 was down t'pit. He was conscripted to fight during WW1, and quickly rose through the ranks to the rank of Oberstleutnant, and was awarded the Iron Cross second class for rewwiring a wiper motor on a land mine.

Too old to serve in WWII, he sat out the war selling ladies nylons on the black market, and was twice arrested for drunkenly wandering around in public wearing them. Sentenced to mandatory hormone treatment to curb is perversions, he discovered a love for taking unfinished kit cars and, well, finishing them.

He sadly passed away this morning when he was thrown from his bicycle and landed under the wheels of a passing Jago Samurai. Affectionately known as Phaeton to his friends, it is his dying wish that he buried in a coffin made from old Marlin Berlinetta bonnets. He will be sadly missed.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Eek.. hope you feel better soon. I would certainly suggest toddling down to the minor injuries unit for an x-ray if they have similar in your area. You can't be too careful with spinal stuff & cycling.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

6 Weeks later & first time back on the bike, steady 10 mile MTB ride, back absolutely fine, some discomfort more than pain in the left hip, but this is the one that I have a 15" pin & screws in & a twisted tibia & fibula so to be expected after a lay-off. The lungs weren't too happy either I was puffing like a good un & there were no hills, but it's a start.

However there is some serious stuff to be considered, as I set off the Garmin advised I was only doing 5mph which I knew I wasn't then after a period it was jumping from 5 to 0 to 5. So got off to find that the speed pick-up was virtually hanging off the bike had it not had the cable ties on I would have lost it. Had to remove it to stop it going into the wheel & then on inspection found some damage.

Top Bottom