Man Flu - Sportive this Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave G

All,

My first sportive this Sunday (Forest of Dean Spring Classic). I've a stack of sponsorship, raising money to buy equipment for my 3 year old son's playgroup (a local charity).

We're not talking mega bucks (couple of hundred quid) but I have to ride it......for the kids :biggrin:

Problem is, today - chest is on fire, aching limbs, headache.....man flu. :ohmy:;)

What can I do? Need remedies - I'm faced with a 'do or die' situation here and I'm cacking myself!!

Keith Oates

Janner
You've still got three days to get rid of it but as far as I know there's no magic cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

domtyler

Über Member
Doesn't sound like not doing it is an option. That just leaves getting as well as possible before hand. To do that you will require as much rest as possible so go home, if you're not already and have plenty of sleep, keep yourself dosed up on Ibuprofen, take hot baths, drink plenty and just look after yourself as well as possible. I'm sure you'll be fine come Saturday.

Monkey Boy

How about you do a 'Vini' and go for a blood transfusion? A big bag of EPO should get you there too!!!!!

Top Bottom