Manchester £ity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smeggers

I thought the whole ethos of City was the 'poor underdog beating those money-teams at their own game' type thing?

Oh well, amazing how a few quid can change your outlook I suppose.

Maz

Guru
Smokin Joe said:
Why didn't the bastards buy West Ham? :smile::sad::smile::sad:
I think the word "Ham" might've put them off. :angry:

Abitrary

simoncc said:
It's good news for City fans especially as it is only a few days ago that many fans of other clubs were gleefully predicting that Shinawatra's problems would see the club collapse in a Leeds United type fashion, or even worse.

For a little club like man city, it's going to be a law of diminishing returns with all that money... one that will eventually destroy them and see them thrust down to the sunday leagues.

They *should* have bought a club like West Ham where at least the new owners and their entourage would be able to hang out in London. For all we know, these arabs probably think manchester city is melchester rovers.

mondobongo

Über Member
Its going to be fun to watch, this is the beginning of the end for Football. You thought it was a game ruled by money just watch what these guys will do. DIC will be after Liverpool so badly now so they can join in the fun.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Robinho has just completed his first training session with his new Manchester City team mates. In a press conference afterwards he said, "is blue the away kit? Where were Giggsy And Rooney today? And what the f**k has happened to your trophy room?"

simoncc

Ashtrayhead said:
Robinho has just completed his first training session with his new Manchester City team mates. In a press conference afterwards he said, "is blue the away kit? Where were Giggsy And Rooney today? And what the f**k has happened to your trophy room?"

Well, if he wants to train with Giggs and Rooney I'm sure the owner can arrange for them to be on the payroll in January. Money for those two will be from the petty cash drawer - no need to go to the bank or anything.

Top Bottom