Manchester airport.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
I got fined at Liverpool airport for dropping my wife off on the road, but this was a few years ago. £60.

Think it's up to £100 now at Speke.

However there is now a free short stay there, the exit off the roundabout before the big car park, think you get about 40 minutes from memory.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You're welcome to leave your car round my place, but being over a hundred miles from Manchester Airport might present problems of its own.

Less than half the distance from here, but still a trek! :okay:

U3MURWrIqGnlSi6ua2CYFuL1j7yJHr?scale=1&h=200&w=652.png

51 min (48.9 mi) via M61

Julia9054

Guru
Just check there’s no train strike that day :rolleyes:

Or other disruption. We got back from our holiday having left the car in East Didsbury to find no trains were running due to engineering work. When we asked how to proceed we were met with a shrug and had to work it out for ourselves

vickster

Legendary Member
£5 to drop off and pick up. But you have 5 minutes, so tricky on pick up, unless he parks away from the airport, awaits your call to say "outside now", then into the Terminal like a F1 pit stop, then out ! You can do short stay parking which is a little more expensive and gives you about an hour from memory.

We just get a taxi now for about £35-£45 from 10 miles away.

For 10 miles :ohmy:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You can if you want to risk it have your son assuming he will also pick you up, park outside the perimeter, then when you land you go up the escalator to the departure level. You call your son, he arrives at the departure lane, you get in & you both drive away OR at least you used to be able to.

Nowhere I'm aware of that one can park with quick easy access to the airport. I worked around the area for 22 years watching it all get more difficult to negotiate and access.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
If we can we always use the train to and from the airport. We're lucky to be able to get a direct train but I feel from most areas it's an easy, cheap way to access the airport.

We've used the bus/train a few times when flying from Liverpool and if transport is running.
Much cheaper than driving and better than trekking from the far flung edges of the car park.

Just a pity that they didn't put a train station in for the airport.

Hicky

Guru
Grew up in Wythenshawe, went through the airport this week and returned yesterday.
Use either Gatley or Heald Green train st, both easily accessed from the M60 trains are frequent. We used the carpark as a taxi was a similar price. My mother lived in Peel Hall(for those who know) and taxis were a few quid. Most of the family used her drive while she was alive …she should of rented it out🤣

Top Bottom