Manchester airport.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am planning to go to France for my brother's 60th birthday and resent paying 80 pounds to park my car there for 4 days . My son will drop me off on way out but more difficult on the way back so my question is : is there a train station at the airport so I can get a train back?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Yes

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I am planning to go to France for my brother's 60th birthday and resent paying 80 pounds to park my car there for 4 days . My son will drop me off on way out but more difficult on the way back so my question is : is there a train station at the airport so I can get a train back?

Yes there is a train from Manchester Piccadilty. The Glasgow / Edinburgh to Manchester trains start/end there (was Transpennine - not sure who now). Also Northern Rail too

D

Deleted member 26715

You can if you want to risk it have your son assuming he will also pick you up, park outside the perimeter, then when you land you go up the escalator to the departure level. You call your son, he arrives at the departure lane, you get in & you both drive away OR at least you used to be able to.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
£5 to drop off and pick up. But you have 5 minutes, so tricky on pick up, unless he parks away from the airport, awaits your call to say "outside now", then into the Terminal like a F1 pit stop, then out ! You can do short stay parking which is a little more expensive and gives you about an hour from memory.

We just get a taxi now for about £35-£45 from 10 miles away.

D

Deleted member 26715

£5 to drop off and pick up. But you have 5 minutes, so tricky on pick up, unless he parks away from the airport, awaits your call to say "outside now", then into the Terminal like a F1 pit stop, then out ! You can do short stay parking which is a little more expensive and gives you about an hour from memory.

We just get a taxi now for about £35-£45 from 10 miles away.
I did wonder if they had plugged the loophole, I used to use it to pick my father & uncle up, they were both still going on holidays at 87 & 92.

GuyBoden

Guru
I go every month to drop my wife off for her flights, a lot more cars are dropping people off on the roads near departures/pickup to avoid the parking charges. They're risking fines.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Train is good and station is easy walk next to terminal 2. It was chaos when TPE were lurching toward government ownership but hopefully better now, strikes permitted. Make sure you get a ticket you cn use on northern and TPE as I’ve been caught out before. Trains pass through Piccadilly and most stop at Deansgate and Oxford road.

Top Bottom