best place for breakfast in central Manchester?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Off to Manchester for the night in a couple of weeks and have shunned the hotel breakfast at £9.

Looking for recommendations for a good* full English in walking distance of Oxford Rd and Picadilly stations.

TIA
:smile:

* Good means they don't dump the beans right on top of the eggs :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oof, long time since I've had a full english in town - we've also opt out of breakfast as the choice is good. Wetherspoons on Oxford Road ?

There is also a nice little cafe on New York Street - Giovannis (just of Piccadilly Gardens - near the Marriot

Where are you stopping (roughly).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You are a bit stuck in the Oxford Road/Piccadilly Station area TBH for a traditional cafe. There is a decent breakfast/butty van at all Saints Park at MMU - I go occasionally !.:laugh:

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Thanks for that... but looking at the picture on the menu, they've cut the sausages in half prior to cooking which is wrong wrong wrong... so wrong, in fact, that i'll forgive them for putting the beans in such close proximity to the eggs :rolleyes:

The only New Union i can find @Roseland triker is a bar that doesn't open 'til noon and doesn't appear to serve food.

Off to Manchester for the night in a couple of weeks and have shunned the hotel breakfast at £9.

Looking for recommendations for a good* full English in walking distance of Oxford Rd and Picadilly stations.

TIA
:smile:

* Good means they don't dump the beans right on top of the eggs :okay:
aren't you on a bike?

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

aren't you on a bike?
no. why?

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Having done a little online research... i got excited to see the Koffee Pot café is still open up in the Northern quarter. That used to be legendary but its menu isn't tickling me and they've got the beans/egg wrong on the breakfast photo.:stop:

Currently looking at 19 Cafe Bar on Lever Street... they put the beans in a little bowl so i can tip 'em where i want :okay:

Still open to suggestions though. Where you thinking @Blue Hills?

Having done a little online research... i got excited to see the Koffee Pot café is still open up in the Northern quarter. That used to be legendary but its menu isn't tickling me and they've got the beans/egg wrong on the breakfast photo.:stop:

Currently looking at 19 Cafe Bar on Lever Street... they put the beans in a little bowl so i can tip 'em where i want :okay:

Still open to suggestions though. Where you thinking @Blue Hills?
It's a spoons :smile:

on deansgate - quite handy with a bike (definitely not the one in the damn printworks abomination but that's the printwork's fault - not spoons) - but from stuff upthread you have another spoons upthread.

(and a cheeky pint with a breakfast is alway a nice sin if away from home)

Top Bottom