best place for breakfast in central Manchester?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Lass o Gowrie has its own brewery, and there are loads of ales. The Josh has a fair selection and Camden IPA's on tap.
don't know lass beers - any good?
Have had a Camden brewery beer - at the London Brazilian embassy of all places - recall it being so-so.

Oh the other pubs aren't as cheap though. You'll be paying full whack. :eek:
yep suppose so - price of beer in some pubs these days (not necessarily criticising them - difficult business) is probably driving some folk to drugs.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
yep suppose so - price of beer in some pubs these days (not necessarily criticising them - difficult business) is probably driving some folk to drugs.
I went in The Rising Sun with my boss a couple of years ago. The place is nowt special. Run of the mill lager was £5:50.

He was like. WTF, as he drank in Piccadilly Tap (grim place). I said, blimey, we could have gone over the road to Twenty Stories and had a Peroni for £6, and we get a view of the city (posh bar on top of a tower building).:laugh:

I went in The Rising Sun with my boss a couple of years ago. The place is nowt special. Run of the mill lager was £5:50.

He was like. WTF, as he drank in Piccadilly Tap (grim place). I said, blimey, we could have gone over the road to Twenty Stories and had a Peroni for £6, and we get a view of the city (posh bar on top of a tower building).:laugh:
"run of the mill lager" at that price / - taking and giving piss at the same time. Maybe a fair exchange/deal?

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Are you doing anything in the evening. We could give you some good pubs to go to that aren't Spoons. :laugh:
I'll be in Gorilla in the evening. I do try to avoid 'spoons where possible, but on this occasion I won't be avoiding Gorilla
also monty, is this visit work or leisure/cultural?
leisure with a capitol P. ^_^

leisure with a capitol P. ^_^

Not entirely sure what that will be involving (yellow folk are dangerous) , but for other stuff, daytime, this may be of interest.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/new-manchester-walks-15835901747

though I don't know if any of the dates fit you.

I have the impression that they/the leader are pretty good, though haven't been on one - was due to go on one a while ago but it got cancelled.

Plenty of stories in Manchester of course.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Purely pleasure :okay: will be arriving late afternoon, having a meal with an old friend and going to a gig, so won't have time to do much else apart from find a decent brekkie the following morning and heading back up north before my accent changes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Soo much to see and do in Manchester.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

It depends on what you're after. Standard breakfast, probably a Wetherspoons is as reliable as any. If it was me I would either go to

https://www.federalcafe.co.uk/

or

https://19cafebar.com/

But I appreciate that they aren't everyone's cup of tea
19 café is currently top of the list... pricy at a tenner but looks pretty good, and I bet the pot of tea isn't included. :sad:

If it's raining I'll duck under the Manchunian Way run to the nearest 'spoons:okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Used to be the Abergele on Shudehill.

Coffee pot on Stevenson square is popular these days.

Mostly gentrified $hite down there now. OK if you want avocado on toast.
I've been trying to remember where the Koffee Pot was. It's now on Oldham St but its menu is nothing like it used to be... they've gentrified it! :angry:

Top Bottom