best place for breakfast in central Manchester?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrichorwheels

This is where i ended up this morning... and a fine breakfast it was too (for the money). The mug of tea was delivered with the breakfast rather than 15 minutes beforehand, which was nice, and they even kept the beans separate from the egg :notworthy:

The night before we dined in the cheap and cheerful This & That café...
View attachment 634545
Plastic plates, hard benches, no napkins, no frills.
But an excellent curry for little more than a fiver, and the biggest onion bhaji I've ever seen!

Thanks for this recommendation. Searching manchester on here came across your post. Was in rainy manchester yesterday and popped in. Took a bit of finding and the close-by development work put me in fear that it had been knocked down. Wonderful. I weakened and had one meat option as one of the three. £6.50. managed to pick up a napkin. Now my go to place for a manchester refuel.

Petrichorwheels

Actually my father’s family roots were the potteries , my mothers side is Yorkshire, but I was brought up in the south of Greater Manchester. I’m sure the central Manchester of my youth is no more and the “new” Arndale centre long gone.

A lot of manchester is still essentially as it was I think. Still got lots of character if you look beyond flash shops.

Jameshow

Veteran
Has he had breakfast yet?!!

I'd suggest Sainsbury's cafe but it might be a little cold by now!!

Better than spoons in my scientific 8 days lejog tour!

Ps how do you know if a cyclist has done lejog??

Don't worry they will soon tell you!!!🤣🤣🤣

Petrichorwheels

Has he had breakfast yet?!!

Yes. But the theme lives on, manchester. Nosh in manchester. No need to burn books. Cyclechat. Accumulated and shared knowledge. It's how i discovered this and that. If you don't proclaim it so so yesterday I'd be interested in your take on it if you venture down the alley of healthy delights.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not tried "This and That" yet - not so sure MrsF will appreciate going down back streets in NQ - she wasn't impressed about the alley to NQ64 (old skool computer gaming bar) but liked the bar.

We quite often eat in Cibo at Great Northern as I have a gourmet card for 50% off ! :okay:

Adam4868

Guru
Was in Bowlers cafe on Mount street Wednesday,pretty central near the Library.
Breakfast with a tea or coffee,Veg option is 5.50.Nice sandwiches and other food also.Think it shuts around 2pm though.

Top Bottom