Manchester Apollo Parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There are quite a few parking spots around there - e.g. official ones that pop up on the night. As you know it's a bit 'rough' round there. Nearly all the side roads are resident only parking

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Question slightly early though, as we're not there 'till Wednesday 25th

Has anyone been to Manchester Apollo recently?
Where's the best place to park around there, please

I can't really remember, as it's 10 years since we were last there (for the Dixie Chicks & their 'Home' tour)

All the free parking nearby (and there isn't much) tends to get taken very early. There is lots of private pop up parking (office car parks that get let out and the like). I would use one of those, there will be loads nearby

All the free parking nearby (and there isn't much) tends to get taken very early. There is lots of private pop up parking (office car parks that get let out and the like). I would use one of those, there will be loads nearby

Thanks!
You saw Dixie Chicks?

:wub::wub::wub::wub:
Yes, quite a show too!
We both enjoyed it (Senior Management went with me)
It was same set, essentially, as on the 'Home' DVD (came as a double-pack, with the CD)
I still have the t-shirt, but (quite) a few extra pounds, mean I don't wear it anymore
DSCF9311.JPG DSCF9312.JPG

Two admissions....
1. I got the date wrong, looking the t-shirt, it was 2003, not 2009
2. They called it the 'Top Of The World' tour, but that's a track on the 'Home' CD
This was the tour, that they slated George Bush on, it was a couple of days earlier at London (I think..)

This got a damned good reception, & shows Emily (banjo) & Martie (fiddle), can really play (they're sisters)
Not that years concerts, but a much later one

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM65uGRxUmI

'Goodbye Earl' was also sung along to, by most women in the audience.....

Hicky

Guru
I’d use the aquatics centre one, it’s just a short walk down Brunswick st, ncp/uni collaboration. As has been said surrounding is residential and depending on your motor it would be unsafe....

*ptew* (spits) Well praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!
"I'm riding on the Sin-Wagon!!"

I’d use the aquatics centre one, it’s just a short walk down Brunswick st, ncp/uni collaboration. As has been said surrounding is residential and depending on your motor it would be unsafe....
The Aquatics is a good car park.
Thanks, I'll have a look at that

Julia9054

Guru
Last train 23:45 from Victoria. We use trams, buses or uber to get around Manchester. Not been to the Apollo for a while though. Dewsbury station has a mahoosive car park and it's £4 to park all day.
Getting the train from home involves changing at Leeds and doesn't run late enough for concerts. Driving into Leeds and parking there is expensive and nearly as annoying as driving in Manchester .

We made it!

Set-off in reasonable time (circa 17:15) expecting M62 queues at the usual suspects, ie;
'Thorpe Interchange', 'White Bear' (Tingley/'White Rose'), GIldersome (IKEA) & 'Chain Bar'

There was some, but nothing too bad, constantly moving

Came into Manchester, along M60, leaving at jct 24, & along the A57 (Hyde Road?)

A couple of nice buildings along there, the old Hospital, now a School; https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/101291812-ellen-wilkinson-high-school-ardwick-ward#.XRMhindFzIU
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4166448

Once we got there, we managed to get into the car-park alongside the building (to the left, as you look at the frontage), that was lucky, as they allowed one more car in, before closing the gate!

Top Bottom