Manchester > Blackpool 2012 Christies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mrbez

How would you suggest I start training for this now?

I am currently doing 20-30 miles each weekend on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

And also, what equipment would I need on the day? I am thinking a small backpack with some food, plenty of water, a couple of spare tubes, co2 pump and a jacket.

Anything I am missing?

wormo

Guru
Did it last year but too many idiots (especially the chavs who thought it was hilarious that they left a woman in a crumpled heap on the road). The first hour was far too scarey. Did enjoy the cycle back watching everyone going the opposite way. So no won't be doing it this year.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

And also, what equipment would I need on the day? I am thinking a small backpack with some food, plenty of water, a couple of spare tubes, co2 pump and a jacket.

Anything I am missing?

Do a couple of 40 or 50's and you will be fine. You will get sucked along by the sheer volume of riders taking part. Try to start early to avoid the prats. I would take plenty of drink, some food, a couple of inner tubes, levers and a multi tool. Basically what you would normally take on a longer summer ride. Probably best to take cash and a phone as well.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident

Anything I am missing?

Its been said so many times , go early , see on the web site they are starting at 6.30am this year , go at 7am and enjoy , go at 9am and fight the masses.

Top Bottom