FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool FNRttC 3rd June, 2022.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
This ride is on again.
It'll be pretty much the same as last year with, I hope, a chance to get the ferry from Knott End to Fleetwood. The ferry depends on the tides and the FB page for the company who run it only tend to give sailing info a month in advance
If the ferry isn't running then I'm planning a more direct route from the Shard Bridge into Blackpool. I've yet to route check this but I plan to do so in the next few weeks.

More info is on the Friday's web-site:- https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/manchester-to-blackpool-3-june

and this is last year's thread:- https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/manchester-blackpool-3rd-september-2021.278204/

I'm happy to answer any questions

smiley.gif

ETA: I'm wondering what mmmmartin's excuse will be this year.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Glad it's back, but given the near-total absence of advance fare tickets back to London (oh, and no direct trains either) I'll think I'll have to skip. Hopefully you'll have nice weather without me :smile:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Alas, I'll be starting a new job at the other end of the country two days before so my joining you looks unlikely. :sad: Hope the ferry works out, because it's one of the finest ends to any FNRttC that I've done. If you've not done this one, you should - it's well worth the effort.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Alas, I'll be starting a new job at the other end of the country two days before so my joining you looks unlikely. :sad: Hope the ferry works out, because it's one of the finest ends to any FNRttC that I've done. If you've not done this one, you should - it's well worth the effort.

Name change Wobblers ?

Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, the ferry is fantastic, mainly because it allows us to use the fabulous lanes above the Wyre and then ride along the sea wall.
The tides are dictating that the ferry can only run in the afternoon so we're going to use a new route into Blackpool. It'll still use some of the magnificent (IMO) Blackpool Prom but we'll not have the drag into and around Fleetwood.

Good luck in the new job !

theclaud

Openly Marxist

Good luck in the new job Wobblers!:girl:

Domus

Guru
Registered 👍

Wobblers

Euthermic
Name change Wobblers ?

Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, the ferry is fantastic, mainly because it allows us to use the fabulous lanes above the Wyre and then ride along the sea wall.
The tides are dictating that the ferry can only run in the afternoon so we're going to use a new route into Blackpool. It'll still use some of the magnificent (IMO) Blackpool Prom but we'll not have the drag into and around Fleetwood.

Good luck in the new job !

Yes, "Wobblers" has become something of a term of endearment (or should that be abuse? :smile:) so I thought I might as well adopt it myself.

Thanks for the wishes from both yourself and @theclaud. The job's in Aberdeen, so the logistics getting to Manc would be somewhat awkward. On the other hand, it does involve firing FRIKKIN LASERS at things, so it's not all bad!

I'll keep a close eye on the Carlisle ride: fingers crossed I'll be able to make that one.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Also posted on yACF:-

Evening everyone.
An update:-
It's going to be a small group; so far 8 of us have signed up.
The new route into Blackpool from the Shard Bridge works well and we get on to an attractive part of the sea front to ride down towards the Tower and the breakfast stop.
Distances:- the food stop en route is at 41km/25 miles. It's a Euro Garages with a coffee machine (Starbucks) and a wide range of supplies on the shelves.
The total ride distance is 103km/64 miles. Although the garage is well before half-way, we'll have done the much harder part of the route so seems about right.
Breakfast is at a Wetherspoons (Layton Raikes) near to Blackpool North station. It opens at 08.00 so we may have a leisurely ride along the Prom. I need to give the timings some thought and I'll report back.

If you want to come along there is still time to sign up via the Friday's webpage:- https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/manchester-to-blackpool-3-june

As ever, I'm happy to answer any questions.
thumbsup.gif

Top Bottom