Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike3121

update on my train
arrive at Manchester Victoria at 07.45
short ride to Manchester Piccadilly for early arrival for 08.00 start

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
update on my train
arrive at Manchester Victoria at 07.45
short ride to Manchester Piccadilly for early arrival for 08.00 start

I have the dilemma of a train that arrives at 7.15 or the next one being 7.54, i know the latter would make me late, so the earlier train it is.
Just had a look at Piccadilly Station and they have a Costa Coffee and Starbucks , so that's me sorted for Breakfast then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I have the dilemma of a train that arrives at 7.15 or the next one being 7.54, i know the latter would make me late, so will have to come on the earlier train and look for a cafe dishing up a good breakfast.

There used to be a great greasy spoon café just outside Piccadilly station but sadly it's now a Waitrose. Finding places open early Saturday morning isn't easy. Greggs is just outside the station and does reasonable breakfast fare. Several places inside Piccadilly but not sure they are the right places for a proper stoke up

It's only 30 easy miles to the first official stop for food in Weaverham so probably no need (but maybe desire) for a humungous brekkie

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have the dilemma of a train that arrives at 7.15 or the next one being 7.54, i know the latter would make me late, so the earlier train it is.
Just had a look at Piccadilly Station and they have a Costa Coffee and Starbucks , so that's me sorted for Breakfast then.

If I recall, there's also a Tesco on the concourse - handy for a breakfast sandwich and for stocking up on snacks/drinks for the ride.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Looks like I'm going to have to make my excuses.... Thought I could slide this one in around the numerous family birthdays due between 16 - 21 April.... but just been informed that I was mistaken, and my absence would induce something as far from "fondness" as possible.

Not wishing to undergo the wrath of Mrs Kes and the Kids I shall have to wish you all a pleasant trip.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looks like I'm going to have to make my excuses.... Thought I could slide this one in around the numerous family birthdays due between 16 - 21 April.... but just been informed that I was mistaken, and my absence would induce something as far from "fondness" as possible.

Not wishing to undergo the wrath of Mrs Kes and the Kids I shall have to wish you all a pleasant trip.

Congratulations Kes

You are officially this ride's first backslider :tongue:

si_c

Guru

There's a 24 hour cafe next to Lime St station in Liverpool. Thats me sorted for breakfast. Plus I won't need to start riding on a full stomach. Also booked my room in Llandudno, £40 at the Broadway hotel, and apparently they're cycle friendly.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
More pre-ride carb loading.....The Marble Arch Cheeseboard

upload_2016-2-8_20-1-43.png

http://beergeekblog.co.uk/2015/04/the-marble-arch-inn-manchester-cheeseboard/

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Well I still don't know if I can get a pass out yet but I've just bought my ticket to Piccadilly. There's commitment for you. (Only 5 and a half quid booking this early though) ;-)

Top Bottom