Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looking at trains back looks like I've got to get the 19:26 from Llandudno Junction so will only be a quick stop at the finish so I'd better make up for it at the Eureka Cafè

I'd suggest you push on with some of the faster riders from Eureka to Llandudno in that case. There will be another quick cuppa stop at Rhyl which is half way between Eureka and Llandudno but that's entirely optional. Should be easy to get to the Restaurant by 18.00 It's about 15 minutes ride (3.5miles) from the restaurant to Llandudno Junction so you need to be on your way by 19.00. Just about time for Fish & Large Chips and a couple of pints of their draft Peroni :thumbsup:

Edit - I presume your train is the 19.26 to Manchester? Did you see that there is a faster train at 19.51 that gets into Mcr only 3 minutes later?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Sounds like a great ride. I'm in.

I'm not sure whether to stay over or get a late train back to Crewe on Sat night. Although, if I book a hotel, I'm far more likely to attend as I can drink and eat properly...

I reckon I'd join up with the peleton/breakaway somewhere near Knutsford or Northwich.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

I'm not sure whether to stay over or get a late train back to Crewe on Sat night. Although, if I book a hotel, I'm far more likely to attend as I can drink and eat properly...

I reckon I'd join up with the peleton/breakaway somewhere near Knutsford or Northwich.

You're on the list. There will be an "official" meet up point / cuppa stop at Marbury Country Park which is probably closest to Sandbach. You can wait for us wherever you like but I'll be posting approximate timings for Marbury CP and the Manchester Piccadilly riders will all be stopping off there as its a couple of hours into the ride.

Origamist

Legendary Member
You're on the list. There will be an "official" meet up point / cuppa stop at Marbury Country Park which is probably closest to Sandbach. You can wait for us wherever you like but I'll be posting approximate timings for Marbury CP and the Manchester Piccadilly riders will all be stopping off there as its a couple of hours into the ride.

Thank you. Marbury would be perfect.

Freds Dad

Veteran

I was thinking very similar, (not far away from you).

I was thinking of getting the train back to Crewe and then getting SWMBO to pick me. I did think of staying over but don't really want to carry the clothes, shoes, toiletries etc that will be required.
Will be a Marbury meet for me.

I'd suggest you push on with some of the faster riders from Eureka to Llandudno in that case. There will be another quick cuppa stop at Rhyl which is half way between Eureka and Llandudno but that's entirely optional. Should be easy to get to the Restaurant by 18.00 It's about 15 minutes ride (3.5miles) from the restaurant to Llandudno Junction so you need to be on your way by 19.00. Just about time for Fish & Large Chips and a couple of pints of their draft Peroni :thumbsup:

Edit - I presume your train is the 19.26 to Manchester? Did you see that there is a faster train at 19.51 that gets into Mcr only 3 minutes later?

Cheers sounds like a good plan will look closer into train times once they become available for the Saturday

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was thinking of getting the train back to Crewe and then getting SWMBO to pick me. I did think of staying over but don't really want to carry the clothes, shoes, toiletries etc that will be required.
Will be a Marbury meet for me.

Here's what you do:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca800tcy-B8

Flipflops in the back pocket, toothbrush and phone charger in the bar bag. Bingo

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Will be a Marbury meet for me

. . . Me too !

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was going to say the Travelodge is a similar price and probably a bit nicer. But looking on the website the "non-flexible" £40 per room per night option is gone, only the £61 flexible option (you can cancel and get your money back I think).
At £40, two people could stay there and get a breakfast for same price as the Ambassador. It is also a brand new fit out opening in February so it should be in decent nick. Unfortunately it seems the CCers have caused a spike in demand and it's £61 for now.
Premier Inn is looking expensive now too, no promotion prices.

Top Bottom