Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
You're not exactly helping me sell this ride are you :laugh:

Rhyl seafront is perfectly nice as you can see from the youtube vid. Just make sure you don't collide with someone eating an ice cream on the shared use path, that's all. Understandably tourists aren't concentrating on cyclists there
I spent a winter weekend at Stalag Pontins in Prestatyn a while back so have an idea of what to expect. The bouncer in the on-site pub was armour plated :whistle::
DSC00187.JPG

Twinks

Über Member
Conwy-20140530-00132.jpg

View from the top
ps I couldn't edit the guy with the dogs:rolleyes:

KneesUp

Guru
No the 1970 to 75 as i remember it it was great for kids, moved bk that way, small village called dyserth in the 80 but never went into rhyl as was dump then, skirt round it.
I know someone who lived in Dyserth - that's ok. I was talking about Rhyl centre - but 1970-75 is a little too long ago for me to have an opinion on :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Me and a couple of mates drove from Coventry to Rhyl, while at uni one day in 1975, ate fish and chips, got bladdered, and drove home. It seemed like a dump back then, but time and alcohol have made the memory hazy.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The only bit of Rhyl we will see is the shared use cycleway right next to the sea. It's perfectly nice. I dare say if you go a couple of streets inland it may be a bit tatty like a lot of faded seaside resorts. The fancy new bridge we'll take to the Bike Hub café is pretty swish

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I spent a winter weekend at Stalag Pontins in Prestatyn a while back so have an idea of what to expect. The bouncer in the on-site pub was armour plated

Pontins in Prestatyn, is where the film Holiday on the Buses was made.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IulU5WTJFI

Ootini

To be honest bits of rhyl are quite nice, as are bits of flint. And as Nick says, you'll only see the cycle path / sea front which is perfectly fine. Bits of Llandudno are shoot to be fair, like any town there's good bits and bad bits, fortunately the cycle paths tend to be in the good bits :smile:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
No side trip to see

@Matthew_T
?

I'm surprised that @Matthew_T hasn't signed up for at least part of this ride.

What's happened to @Cheshire Celt ? I've not seen or heard from him for ages - is he still on the forum ? I'd have thought that this ride would be just the kind of thing he'd sign up for.

He had a habit of bringing along this stuff called 'tablet', which was a kind of Scottish fudge; personally, I wish he'd adhered to the other Scottish habit, which is bringing along a hip flask of malt whisky. {perhaps he did bring it, but didn't want to share :smile: - and who can blame him}.

Top Bottom