Manchester/North West - Saturday 11th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Planning a medium paced group ride starting from somewhere in Manchester and doing a loop into Cheshire on Saturday 11th December.
Looking at around 50 ish miles with a stop for elevenses and finishing in a pub.

I'm going to plan the route and publish it this weekend.
Cheers
Ed

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You might want to post this in CC Informal Rides and Events as well.

I might be up for it subject to she who must be obeyed, children and any extremes of weather. What is medium paced for you?

potsy

Rambler
What is medium paced for you?

Was wondering that too
thumbsup.png

Could be tempted if weather and pace favourable
biggrin.gif

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What time setting off?

Average pace in mph?

How hilly? - Dont know the area that well despite living in Manchester.

OP
OP
E

ed_o_brain

What time setting off?

Average pace in mph?

How hilly? - Dont know the area that well despite living in Manchester.

Aiming for about 15 mph.. will be riding my beaten up MTB with slicks
Quite flattish down into Cheshire - maybe pick up a couple of lumps and bumps around Alderley Edge
I'm flexible on start time. Might go for 10 am so we leave Manchester before the Great Unwashed are heading out of town Christmas Shopping

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Aiming for about 15 mph.. will be riding my beaten up MTB with slicks
Quite flattish down into Cheshire - maybe pick up a couple of lumps and bumps around Alderley Edge
I'm flexible on start time. Might go for 10 am so we leave Manchester before the Great Unwashed are heading out of town Christmas Shopping

I might be interested (not 100% sure yet) but I help to organise the south manchester parkrun 5km with a team of other volunteers so will be busy with that until 10:30ish.

If I come Ill be riding fixed with a hard gear, thus the question about hills.

Polocini

Veteran
Hi, I don't want to hijack this thread at all. But I have organised a sportive in Cheshire on 6th march 2011. The site goes live on the 1st december. Would you chaps be interested in riding my route on 11th dec. I would come along and bring some gels and bars etc for everyone. It would be good to get some neutral feedback. Only my friends have ridden the route so far and been very complimentary. It would be good to see what other people think.
There are two routes of 60 and 30 miles. 25 of the 30miles are incorparated into the 60. It is pretty flat but has one timed 'signature' climb.

Apologies to ed o brain if I am stepping on your toes. You can have a free entry to my sportive if this has offended you.

Cheers
AL

BJH

Über Member
Hi, I don't want to hijack this thread at all. But I have organised a sportive in Cheshire on 6th march 2011. The site goes live on the 1st december. Would you chaps be interested in riding my route on 11th dec. I would come along and bring some gels and bars etc for everyone. It would be good to get some neutral feedback. Only my friends have ridden the route so far and been very complimentary. It would be good to see what other people think.
There are two routes of 60 and 30 miles. 25 of the 30miles are incorparated into the 60. It is pretty flat but has one timed 'signature' climb.

Apologies to ed o brain if I am stepping on your toes. You can have a free entry to my sportive if this has offended you.

Cheers
AL

Hi, I can't make the 11th but I am familiar with the area. Happy to give it a go and let you have feedback if you want to share the route.

Polocini

Veteran
BJH-I am waiting on the relevant councils approving the route and then I will put it up for anyone. I'll pm you when I get confirmation off the council.

If you want to ride it with me to save on looking at a map, I am out most weekends. I have been having to risk assess each and every junction and have been checking on traffic. I'm out again tomorrow!

Cheers
AL

p.s apologies again to ed for any thread hijack.

400bhp

Guru
Hi, I don't want to hijack this thread at all. But I have organised a sportive in Cheshire on 6th march 2011. The site goes live on the 1st december. Would you chaps be interested in riding my route on 11th dec. etc etc....

I'd be interested.

:smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What is this segnature climb?

How steep is it? :tongue:

Not sure which I'd go for out of your options since I've been on the bike a while but it sounds interesting.

I'd be interested in this if it started at noon or sometime around! Again, I cant make anything before 10:30-11:00 as this is about the time we are usually done processing the race results following the Parkrun 5k. But I do like a bit of extra time between this and another activity incase of any equipment issues etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Noon................ flipping student, we'd be half way/on way home by then.

Signature climb on a 60 miler in Cheshire...... you have a few. Wizzard (not hard just a slog), Swiss Hill - only tricky as it's cobbled so a swine on a wet winter's morning as it's slippy, or if being cheeky, some hills near Macc Forrest etc. Who knows.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Noon................ flipping student, we'd be half way/on way home by then.

Signature climb on a 60 miler in Cheshire...... you have a few. Wizzard (not hard just a slog), Swiss Hill - only tricky as it's cobbled so a swine on a wet winter's morning as it's slippy, or if being cheeky, some hills near Macc Forrest etc. Who knows.

Hey, I get up at 6:30am every saturday :tongue: lol - Im in platt fields park from 8:15-10:30-11 am

Top Bottom