Manchester to Southport Airshow - Sept?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I was going to ride over for this on Sunday the 7th Sept. How about making it a "CCMO&D" ride?

It'd be a decent run out for us with the Red Arrows for entertainment at the halfway point - the BoB flight is there on that day too :evil:

It could be good for those with families too as they might like to meet us there?

I haven't looked at or thought about a route but just wanted to make the suggestion first of all and test the waters so to speak.

What say you?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohhh - done Manchester to Southport and back to see the Milk Race....so long as we can stay off the East Lancs...it's terribly boring !!!!! Although the A570 - Rainford bypass is one of my old 10 mile TT courses.....

Will work on the 'pass out' - as this will be all day...... missus won't be happy stuck in the traffic jams getting in and out of Southport - and there will be plenty of them...'orrible place to get to when busy.... - great fish and chips, and I know a great 'wine merchants' - but that may not help the return trip..............

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well good inn'it - we get to meet you - the legendary Yenners ! We all brought it up at the weekend..believe you me.. - don't blame you if you couldn't turn up being out in M'Side...

Nah folk aren't half like they are on the web.. all fairly 'normal'.......... all like cycling, massive mix of kit...which I like..OLD, NEW, COMMUTE, MTB..great.... but not BIG CLUB RIDERS.... this suits me.......

I was a Club Secretary and all that - pain in the ass, and being very active racer was rubbish...we had to turn down new members as we were all racing in the summer.... hard core but friendly......

Great to do informal rides.....we all look after each other.... doesn't matter on your ability....and a great chat !

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It sounds good actually. It's really the wrong side of manchester for me though but hey I'm sure you'll get some interest.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
What the heck. How speedy is yenners? If you get an exact route I could always train to Manchester.

Reminds me actually I forgot to thank longers, got the old wheel sorted ;). I'd broken two of the spokes. Pretty easy changing them too unless it's on the cassette side. Seems pretty straight to me now.

PsychoRider

Über Member
If it's ok with you guys i'd like to tag a long too i've checked the diary:blush:all clear....:becool:went a couple of years ago great pyrotechnics show involving a Chinook,Tornado and Harrier!!!
How many miles to Southport?

yenrod

fossyant said:
Well good inn'it - we get to meet you - the legendary Yenners ! We all brought it up at the weekend..believe you me.. - don't blame you if you couldn't turn up being out in M'Side...

Nah folk aren't half like they are on the web.. all fairly 'normal'.......... all like cycling, massive mix of kit...which I like..OLD, NEW, COMMUTE, MTB..great.... but not BIG CLUB RIDERS.... this suits me.......

I was a Club Secretary and all that - pain in the ass, and being very active racer was rubbish...we had to turn down new members as we were all racing in the summer.... hard core but friendly......

Great to do informal rides.....we all look after each other.... doesn't matter on your ability....and a great chat !

Often - over the years, if I'm out on that weekend and I go ove that way (to the right of Formby etc...) you often see a couple of formations flying to and from the place or even circling around in my locality...

Legendary - me, yeah - I'm just an opinionated god knows what...

Fossy - will I have to translate between Manc and Scouse -you know for the locals !

Also, I was on for going but as I said to Longs - it was 50/50 as I was to be out (drinks and that but'am not much of an alcohol freak) with the bro-in-law but that went boobs up when he was i'll..and that weather (when isnt the weather bad nowadays???)

Still, there aint much to stop me on this one and I alwys wanted to organise a central meet' when C= was going but the chances of that wouldnt have been much really..as we are pretty spread out and regional is the best these things can come to.

So - yeah Sept 7th. & I guarantee it'll come sooner rather than later...i've put it in the diary ;)

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I didn't realise that this fell on the same day as the Manchester 100, shame as I fancied that one too - see here.

I'm still going to look at the planes though.

Not worked out a route yet but I think it'll be a century. I was going to take my utility bike as that gives more room for carrying a picnic ;)

I'll post a potential route next weekend sometime.

Top Bottom