Manchester track bash Sun 28th nov 1-3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Went up to ribblehead viaduct this afternoon for a walk and what have you- saw a bunch of weaver valley (northwich) lads giving it through and off past the station inn- that's gotta be a 140 mile ride in sub zero- nuts!

The boards'll do for me in this weather......

Nuts............hazel nuts........... TBH they are probably weekend warriors............... :hello:

PaulB

Legendary Member
So I know this'll sound newby but what do we do today? I mean, what do we need to take? Do we go in our kit or get changed there? Do we need to take drinkypoos? Do we need our own cycle shoes or do we hire ones with the appropriate cleats? Do we shower after the session? Are we meeting in a designated place outside or in the hallway? Approx how much will it cost? There's no point taking a camera, or is there, I've got one of those tiny cameras you can pin on your jersy or clip to your helmet. Would that be any good? Is there an opportunity for a post-ride drink? I do ask a lot of questions, don't I? There are more questions than answers, aren't there?

longers

Legendary Member
  • plenty of changing facilities plus showers
  • a couple of bottles of energy drink seems a popular choice
  • if you've got Look Delta cleats on your shoes then you'll be fine otherwise hire a pair there
  • just go down and into the centre and hang about
  • nothing should be attached to you or your helmet
  • no idea where to go for a pint if you're buying
  • howzat?

It's too nice a day to be playing indoors, it's chuffing gorgeous out there.

longers

Legendary Member
Edit: I'm planning on it being warm enough for shorts and short sleeves, has been in the past but will chuck in armwarmers.

Don't forget your mitts either, and glasses will keep your self generated headwind out your eyes. And the recommendation is for wearing a vest to help prevent burns in case you don't stay upright.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's freezing out - glad I'm indoors.

I am knackered - stayed up watching a film that was really crap - glad I didn't go to the cinema.

As longers said............

Take kit, and make sure you have two tops on - i.e. a base and a top - if you fall off (even low speed) it burns......... believe me :wacko:

Cost is about £10 for the bike hire, £4 for shoes if you dont have Look Delta (this you pay at reception). Cost of session is about £10-£15 depending upon how many - the session we pay Dan for. It's usually around £10 each as there should be a fair few of us.

I'll have a set of spare 'Delta' cleats with me

We're on the track at 1 sharp, so get there about 12:30 to get changed etc.

We'll be in the track middle......

PaulB

Legendary Member
Cracking afternoon, that was. Loved it, me. Takes a bit of getting used to, both riding a fixed and riding way up on the banking but after 10-15 laps, you don't even think about it any more. A tremendous experience and I would like to do many more of these. A crACKing session, all round.

longers

Legendary Member
Must remember not to drink lots of red wine the night before !

I had a bottle last night and felt I went better than the times I've abstained beforehand.

Nice session, thanks Dan and good to see you all.

Top Bottom