Map My ride dot com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

this might be the wrong forum to ask...but..

the mapmy ride site is excellent in what it can do...the only problem I have with it is that it is so slow to use and eventually 'locks up' completely...dam frustrating. I am on broadband high speed and I dont get the same issues with other sites...anyone having similatr issues...or is this just me being a plonker again?

shooter560

Nope its working fine for me, my only issue is that I can't seem to take the route data (.cvs) and import it into my Tacx I-Magic software so I can train on routes at home when I get finished from work.

Will1985

Über Member
You can do that? If I could afford it, a Tacx i-magic or fortius would be so cool.

At the moment, I just use it with my Garmin Edge 205.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bigtallfatbloke said:

the mapmy ride site is excellent in what it can do...the only problem I have with it is that it is so slow to use and eventually 'locks up' completely...dam frustrating. I am on broadband high speed and I dont get the same issues with other sites...anyone having similatr issues...or is this just me being a plonker again?

Serves me well with no probs.

Have you tried www.bikely.com ? It's very similar.

Bigtallfatbloke said:

No, similiar problems. It doesn't always do it and I haven't sussed what it is that sometimes makes it lock up and sometimes doesn't.

My theory, to be tested, is that using it at smaller scale (more zoomed in), results in good performance. Using it at larger scale seems to freeze it eventually but I need to try this.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

My theory, to be tested, is that using it at smaller scale (more zoomed in), results in good performance. Using it at larger scale seems to freeze it eventually but I need to try this.

I think you are correct. Only when I do it at street level I find it hard to know where I am going as I cannot see the bigger picture at the same time.

I am finding the bikely site faster somewhat.

Top Bottom