March 2010 FNRttC - sounding out the regulars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Simon – you would not be imposing in any way. Part of the enjoyment of doing these rides is seeing and encouraging people who may not have cycled more than a few miles before, to do something that they might not have considered doing previously, purely because they were in a group of like minded people. I’ve had some wonderful conversations with people I’ve paced up a hill and seen others progress to regularly doing longer distances.

Of course, it's also good fun and good exercise to help out by marking junctions and then being able to race back to the front at Warp Factor 10, and doing it again. :blush:

So count me in for helping out.

mike e

It goes without saying that after all the help and support for my charity ride this year I am more than happy to help out.

I will bring with me my mig welder trailer and 328 piece socket set...:ohmy::biggrin:

Sorry, seriously I'm in and will pack a bag of tools, tubes and spares.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Flying Dodo said:
Simon – you would not be imposing in any way. Part of the enjoyment of doing these rides is seeing and encouraging people who may not have cycled more than a few miles before, to do something that they might not have considered doing previously, purely because they were in a group of like minded people. I’ve had some wonderful conversations with people I’ve paced up a hill and seen others progress to regularly doing longer distances.

Of course, it's also good fun and good exercise to help out by marking junctions and then being able to race back to the front at Warp Factor 10, and doing it again. :evil:

So count me in for helping out.

not sure I'd call it 'fun' exactly

Tim Hall

Simon, yes, good plan.

I've been away from the computer and a bit busy, so failed to answer your email too. But yes to what you said in that as well.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I quite fancy trying this waymarking lark, I can do the signpost bit, then you just need to ride back to the front of the field for your next turn? I'm sure that my face will provide all the evidence needed to decide whether I can be used to waymark more than once.

Davywalnuts said:
As long as I am coming, ill help where ever for what ever you need me for.

P_C_Sandwich2.jpg

Davy's new ride...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
P_C_Sandwich2.jpg

Davy's new ride...

Reminds me of my first bike, my Raleigh Chopper!

Alas, I still think ill need to stuff my pockets too... unless this is the beer fridge??:angry:

mistral

Guru
Simon

More than happy to assist, I'll put it in the diary, would be prepared to do anything that's required, within reason and legality

TimO

Guru
As many other regulars have said, I'm happy to help out with this, doing whatever is needed.

The only slight thought I had, is that with 50 odd people who presumably aren't used to cycling this sort of distance, if the weather is a bit chilly (which it could be in March), they could find it harder going than they expected.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
TimO said:
As many other regulars have said, I'm happy to help out with this, doing whatever is needed.

The only slight thought I had, is that with 50 odd people who presumably aren't used to cycling this sort of distance, if the weather is a bit chilly (which it could be in March), they could find it harder going than they expected.
Good point - but they'll be well briefed. And, from what I understand, the 50 will be drawn from a large pool.

Top Bottom