Marie-Therese Walter...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...helped with the allure of this painting. And Picasso had a hand in it too.
Just sold for $106.5 million.
Christies Almighty!
557239-pn-news-picasso-record.jpeg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's a good likeness!

Worth every penny:wacko:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My 10 yr old, if you gave her some crayons, could...etc etc blah blah...
Actually, I like a lot of Picasso stuff, but the art world is mad...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Touche said:
My gran used to be an artist, she always maintained the Picasso was just taking the piss out of the establishment.

Aren't they all?? :tongue:

Seriously though, I have seen quite a few of his paintings in Madrid and yes, I can confirm that he really COULD paint.

Jezston

Über Member
Whoever bought it, bought it believing it will increase in value. They are probably right.

It'll now go in some airated secure storage never to be seen by anyone until they decide to put it on sale.

That is what's sad about the art world.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Come to Glasgow and you'll see Our Dali, complete with a big repaired hole in it where some nut job (no, not Dali) vandalised it.

Luckily Dali was still about, so it was fixed.

Mad Doug Biker said:
Come to Glasgow and you'll see Our Dali, complete with a big repaired hole in it where some nut job (no, not Dali) vandalised it.

Luckily Dali was still about, so it was fixed.

I remember that!
Someone threw a pickle at the painting and ran away sharpish?

They didn't dill é Dali...

ChrisKH

Guru
Doesn't beat the Jackson Pollock $140 million (No 5. 1948) though. My 7 year old son's favourite painter. Because he gave them numbers as titles, I think.

ChrisKH said:
Doesn't beat the Jackson Pollock $140 million (No 5. 1948) though. My 7 year old son's favourite painter. Because he gave them numbers as titles, I think.

Typical big city comment from Chris & Sons ;) - trying to confuse the private market with the one that we can pop along to when we have a few pence to spare! :ohmy:

Further waffle can be found here.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
Typical big city comment from Chris & Sons :smile: - trying to confuse the private market with the one that we can pop along to when we have a few pence to spare! :blush:

Further waffle can be found here.

He can auction off his old cravats at Chris-ties:wacko:

Top Bottom