Marin Bear Valley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AyJay

Über Member
Oh dear, I've done it again. I've bought another MTB!!:bicycle:
Can't seem to stop since I have retired. Still I suppose I need something to do. :laugh:
This one is a Marin Bear Valley in need of a lot of TLC.
It is basically all there but the bike has not been used for a while.
Pictures will follow as I progress. :hello:

Drago

Legendary Member
What year?

nearly bought one a year or so ago,

was in decent nick, would have been £50 or so.

Let it go as was after something to possibly use as a tourer and being a bit fernickety, would have preferred doubled up rack/guard mounts at the back. Looked like a pretty damn good bike though.

Mine is now a tourer (1997 version)

w6Wt8AZwt4AQ1L8JtQSRtjZTRW9imP6N_uraG7kmWaSNrQ_Xfrv67cNUFLxC6uHFA1AIXzOPstz__TbfiBmpbaprPHvltViA.jpg

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Sold mine a couple of years ago. T'was a 1991 model, 400lx gruppo, one of the last with the grey PTFE non stick finish.

This one is grey. I really don't know too much more about it! Brought it home but other things got in the way. Must investigate what it is I have bought.:blush:
It was so cheap I couldn't say no. :laugh:

NeilM

Early 90's Bear Valley is my wife's all time favourite bike. She had one back in the 90's and rode it until it was completely knackered, she then went through a series of other bikes, including a newer Bear Valley.. no good. A couple of years ago she found another, all original on Preloved... £60!

She hardly rides it, but she knows it's there when she wants it, ahhhh happy ending.

Yes, she did ride it up and down the road in her slippers.

DSC_0516_zps4eac7052.jpg

Top Bottom