Marin Highway One and Marin Bolinas Ridge stolen in Bromley, Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Damn.

Opened the shed today to find someone's nicked Skinny Bint and Fatboy. I loved those bikes.

Being a few years old, both are resplendent in non standard parts, so I'd recognise either anywhere.

Skinny Bint (the Highway One) was a flighty cow anyway. Lightweight. Beautiful. Often in a foul mood though.

Fatboy was a loyal and loving friend, and would carry me anywhere. Took me over Snowdon once. Bless him.

Will miss them every day.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm sorry to hear they are gone, and I love your names and description of them ... but do you have any photos of these 2 charming characters?

What's the name of the one in the vid? was that one not there or did they leave it?

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Ah... me too. I loved those bikes.

Skinny Bint always seemed to hog the limelight, so I've got far more pictures of her than the Fatboy. Here's her resting up towards the Sussex Coast.
20051006-London-Dieppe-042.jpg

She'd been whining that I never took her anywhere interesting (the daily commute into London didn't count apparently) so we spun off down to Paris for a romantic weekend. She spent the whole time flirting with French cafe owners, of course.

This is her at Chantilly, gathering her skirts for the final push.
20051009-Beauvais-Paris-144.jpg

I hope the bugg3r that's got her loves her as much as I did. She probably won't miss me. Fickle cow.

Here's Fatboy catching a quick snooze on a rock, about half way up Snowdon. He wouldn't dream of lazing around like this whilst charged with carrying me, but as soon as I got off for a snack its fair game. Ah... Look at his podgy little feet.
PICT0067.jpg

We came barrelling back down this path about 3 hours later, with the light failing and the mountain closed to high winds. Steadfast to the last, he plowed through rock, rail and mud to get me back. Never a complaint. Never tried to buck me. Never even whimpered when I melted the brake pads into tar like rim decor.

I hope to hell I find him again. SkinnyBint always felt like she was on loan to me. A beautiful girlfriend and her geeky fella, if you will. Fatboy was a constant companion; a best friend who'd gladly spend his evenings running through the woods without lights, skidding around wet car parks, or just pootling between kerbs with mates.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Oh, and the recumbent is currently dubbed Rebecca, but we're looking for a new name. She lives in the kitchen (where she spends most of her time drumming up battles between my wife and I). She had been due to spend her first night in the shed this weekend, but with recent events has been given a stay of execution. :smile:

Would I lose her just to know that Fatboy was in a loving home?
Probably.

Top Bottom