Marin Kentfield 2003 - Thoughts please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ruffers

Veteran
Hi,
I asked for abit of help in another thread to identify this bike. Turns out to be a Marin Kentfield 2003.
Does anyone ride something like this, are they a good bike, how much would someone pay.
I'm looking at getting it to cycle to work and poss the odd Sunday morning ride on cycle paths roads and bridleways.
Not had a bike for a while but wanted to start back again so just looking for a little help.
The seller wanted 100, cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 200

steve50

Disenchanted Member
The seller wants £100........................what are you willing to pay?
The bike is worth as much as a potential buyer is willing to pay. What was the cost of the bike when new, the bike is now thirteen years old. The asking price does not always reflect what the bike is worth, make an offer and see if you can come to a compromise with the seller.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I would make an offer of £70 then if the seller wants to haggle you have room to negotiate, I would not part with £100 for a thirteen year old hybrid unless it was something really special.
This one isn't for sale but it would cost me around £600 to build the same bike up, not counting the frame which is Tange CrMo,

DSCN0073.JPG

This is over 20yrs old (well the frame is)

steve50

Disenchanted Member
This one isn't for sale but it would cost me around £600 to build the same bike up, not counting the frame which is Tange CrMo,

View attachment 149305

This is over 20yrs old (well the frame is)
That's why I said it would have to be something special, it's hard to tell from the op picture which components are fitted and the general state of the bike so I am erring on the side of caution regards making an offer.
I only paid £35 for my Raleigh Pioneer but having upgraded the bike it is worth a lot more than that to me now, as said the bike is only worth what a potential buyer is willing to pay.

U

User6179

You need to check the chain, cassette , chainrings and tyres for wear, if they are worn out the bike imo is worthless ( would cost more to fix than the bike is worth).

If they still have some life in them then £50 max , if they have not long been renewed then £100 would be a reasonable price .

Top Bottom