Marin Nicasio 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam Standen

Hi folks,

I have been given a great offer on a Marin Nicasio 2019. I know it’s a Claris groupset but is it the new shifters with the gear cable unde the bar tape with the brake cable, or is it the ‘ugly’ one with the cable coming out of the side of the shifter?

Thanks

Adam

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi folks,

I have been given a great offer on a Marin Nicasio 2019. I know it’s a Claris groupset but is it the new shifters with the gear cable unde the bar tape with the brake cable, or is it the ‘ugly’ one with the cable coming out of the side of the shifter?

Thanks

Adam
Ask the seller?!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Go see for yourself? Have you not ridden it?
Ask for a photo if not? Although presumably you're not going to hand over cash without trying it?
Email Marin direct?

OP
OP
A

Adam Standen

Go see for yourself? Have you not ridden it?
Ask for a photo if not?
Email Marin direct?

Hi Vickster,

I’ve been to LBS and ridden the 2018 model which has Claris with side entry gear cables, and he has no 2019 models in stock yet. The photos on website are not very clear. When I messaged LBS to ask they said Claris has cable on side of shifters. I’ve seen other bikes (Norco) with new type of Claris shifters and all cables are under the bar tape. I emailed Cycle Republic who also sell them and they said all cables are under bar tape.

I’ve emailed Marin yesterday but not had a reply yet.

OP
OP
A

Adam Standen

LBS won’t have any in until middle of Sept, some online shops have them in now. I guess I could wait a bit longer ;-)

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
If the cables do come out of the shifter, couldn’t you just re-wrap the bars to your own requirements to accommodate your bar bag?

Wrapping bars is strangely addictive.

Top Bottom