Marin Pine Mountain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
I'm mulling over my options for a MTB just for mucking about on the terrain where my CX bike struggles a little and I came across this which has caught my eye: http://www.marinbikes.com/gb/bikes/description/2016-pine-mountain-1

To me, it looks like a cross between a tonka toy and an oversized BMX, looks like real bundle of fun. It's definately on my list, or should I be looking for a hardtail for that kind of money?

TIA.

Almost the same colours as the one I bought back in 1989

1990s. Marin. Pine Mountain.jpg

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
Still on my list, but a bit of further reading reveals that you can use these 650b+ wheels & tyres on a 29er frame as they come up roughly the same size as 29er wheels. Might be worth expanding the search with the possibility of buying a 29er and a 650b+ wheelset later down the line...

Shadowfax

How heavy is that steel frame, can't seem to find a weight anywhere. One would have thought a rigid with a single chain ring would be light I am wondering if its a tad on the beefy side hmm.

Jody

Stubborn git
This Marin looks fantastic for the price. Reminds me of the early days when we used to downhill on rigids.

How heavy is that steel frame, can't seem to find a weight anywhere. One would have thought a rigid with a single chain ring would be light I am wondering if its a tad on the beefy side hmm.

"Weight is one other potential catch. This is a steel bike after all, and it’s no featherweight. I won’t tell you how much it weighs, but rather encourage you to give it a try before you inquire, so you won’t have a preconceived notion in your head based on a number which, at least in the case of the Pine Mountain, is truly irrelevant."

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-reviews/test-ride-review-marin-pine-mountain-27-5/

Shadowfax

Thanx for the link Jody.

I think this is one bike that needs to be test ridden and you will either love it or hate it depending on what you have been brought up on.

I can't help feeling that Marin have missed a trick here though, a few more bucks they may have had something, perhaps they have ? Dunno but I'm going to book a test ride if I can find one ? and stick it on my chrizzy list ! That's if its all its cracked up to be.

Top Bottom