Marin Toscana Stolen, St.Johns Street London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bongoman

My Marin Toscana (black 09) was stolen outside Waitrose on St.Johns Street, Clerkenwell, London on Friday night (21st Jan 2011) at about 5.30pm.

I locked my bike up for twenty minutes while I was in the shop, only to return to find my bike was gone. A homeless guy outside the shop saw a guy in a black coat hot foot it round the corner with it but when I looked there was no sign of the thief or bike.

I used a kryptonite D lock and a robust looking ABUS chain lock.

I'm a little sad about this as I was very attached to the bike as had been commuting with it for about 2 years now and had spent a lot of time and money tweaking it.

The police were helpful and told me to keep an eye on a few web sites (Gumtree, ebay and bike shed).

I really don't have high hopes about seeing it again, but hopefully this is a warning to other cyclists that park their bikes outside the Waitrose on St.Johns street as I think professional bike thiefs may operate there.

The other issue is that Waitrose do have CCTV but unfortunately it does not extend to the bike racks.

carlgorse

Very Sad to here about your bike getting stolen and really hope you do get this back , I didnt get my bike stolen but got my wheels took instead at my Local Tesco's extra and it had cctv on the racks but there said it didnt record just for viewing so my bike stops at home now :rolleyes:

Will keep an eye out for you on the relavant sites :rolleyes:

Carl

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Are there still dodgy sellers at the Brick Lane market in Shoreditch on Sundays? Might be worth a look.

Top Bottom