Marine drop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Not sure if this post belongs here, Mods feel free to move it.
One of the guys in the club has come up with something for a bit of fun,
We will have a couple of groups put in the back of a van with our bikes, The van will then be driven to unknown by us destination 60 miles away, then we have to find our own way back, there will be no mobile phones or garmins or any other device.
Sounds like a good fun day, the first group back to the pub wins.:okay:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The army used to do this to me in the Brecon Beacons and the Highlands of Scotland.

I wasnt laughing. :smile:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Not sure if this post belongs here, Mods feel free to move it.
One of the guys in the club has come up with something for a bit of fun,
We will have a couple of groups put in the back of a van with our bikes, The van will then be driven to unknown by us destination 60 miles away, then we have to find our own way back, there will be no mobile phones or garmins or any other device.
Sounds like a good fun day, the first group back to the pub wins.:okay:
Sounds fun, except if it was me I'd be gutted I wouldn't be able to record the ride on Strava.

tatr

On my Garmin you can delete the basemaps so it's useless for navigation without a gpx file.

If you want to make it a real challenge, force them to use Google Maps bike navigation. Up stairs? Check. Muddy trails? Check. Sounds like a marine obstacle course to me!

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
On my Garmin you can delete the basemaps so it's useless for navigation without a gpx file.

If you want to make it a real challenge, force them to use Google Maps bike navigation. Up stairs? Check. Muddy trails? Check. Sounds like a marine obstacle course to me!
No maps allowed.:okay:

Top Bottom