Mark Anthony Cycles aka Activesport.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mootaineer

gazzaputt said:
Like to gauge others experiences of others when buying from them.

They have an eBay shop.
I've bought a chain tool off them (ok not an expensive purchase).
They go under "markanthonybikesdirect". He currently has a rating of 97.9% but with 25087 transactions under his belt...so quite good.

As for buying anything more expensive, I don't know.
Might be worth buying stuff via his eBay shop as you may get buyer protection, etc.

mootaineer

gazzaputt said:
Like to gauge others experiences of others when buying from them.

I guess it all depends on what you're buying.
What are you buying?
For a single speed chain tool (which is what I ordered) they were fine.
But this was via their eBay shop, so I wouldn't buy a bike from them.

Maybe we can make alternative recommendations? ;)

I have had good (ie customer friendly) experience with:
- Wiggle
- Geoffrey Butler Cycles (GBCycles)
- Chain Reaction Cycles
- Edinburgh Cycles
- Parker International
- Ribble
- St John St Cycles
- JE James Cycles
- PedalOn

I used to use CycleExpress until one day I found out that they were very unhelpful, so I don't use them anymore.

Parker have also recently changed to a free shipping option too...

MarkF

Guru
I think others experiences are only valid when things didn't go 100% smoothly, it's a bit like asking for an ISP recommendation, they are all great until something goes wrong, then you find out:biggrin:

I bought a £300+ bike from this company and I had a problem. They rectified the problem quickly but in doing so inadvertantly introduced another problem. I rang them up and we had an argument, looking back, I was 50% at fault although I didn't know it at the time:blush:.

The thing that I remember is that I was not fobbed off with some lacky, I managed to have my ding dong with Mark Anthony himself, he could and probably should have, just told me to p**s off, but he didn't. The problem was sorted out at their expense and like I said, I was partly at fault.

A very good company IMO and I'll recommend them.

joeMu

Do Not Buy with them (mark anthony bike or www.Activesport.co.uk)
I order and paid 125.97 for a ceramic bottom bracket and after several emails,they told me i need to wait 42 Days for delivery,now it has been more 50 days and is now told ,the item was sent ages ago,did asked for a proof of delivery(they dont reply),i paid 15 pounds pour delivery because i live far away from UK.
Customer service S**KS .Think i will not see my money again.
If i was leaving in uk,surely on Xmas night ,i will wear a santa`s costume and burn his shop :tongue:
Sorry no present for me this xmas.
so guys dont buy with him
here is the link of my order status,you can see by yourselves(as you can see still "ready for shipping" )https://sslrelay.com/s233299868.e-shop.info/shop/service/orderstatus?auth=fd5444e5f8

Mr Creosote

A friend pointed me in the direction of this website http://www.toolhaus.org

They basically filter Ebay feedback for a given ebay username. Very useful because the negative feedback for a seller is usually far more telling than any amount of positive FB.

Top Bottom