Mark Forums Read

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On my tablet, 'Mark Forums Read' used to be the leftmost option to appear under 'Forums'. That option seems to have been moved and replaced by a redundant 'Search Forums' option. We already have a search box on the right and do not need an extra way of doing it! I keep trying to mark and ending up with a search instead ...

Any chance of putting it back to how it was before? If not, then scrap the search box and replace that with the marking option.

An option to use an embedded Google search of the forums would be nice, suggesting alternatives for misspellings, search with wildcards etc.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
On my tablet, 'Mark Forums Read' used to be the leftmost option to appear under 'Forums'. That option seems to have been moved and replaced by a redundant 'Search Forums' option. We already have a search box on the right and do not need an extra way of doing it! I keep trying to mark and ending up with a search instead ...

Any chance of putting it back to how it was before? If not, then scrap the search box and replace that with the marking option.

An option to use an embedded Google search of the forums would be nice, suggesting alternatives for misspellings, search with wildcards etc.
Still there on my laptop, try scolling across

potsy

Rambler
Screenshot (68).png

It appears there momentarily on mine, then shifts to the far right under the... Option.

Screenshot_2015-11-14-12-52-29.png

Apologies for size...

Guessing it is a landscape or portrait orientation issue. I'm using portrait on my tablet.

Shaun

Founder
I installed an add-on last night that appears to have added an unwanted menu item; I'll sort it later when I'm finished at ballet. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Pay Attention at the back! :okay:
I know the responsive design moves stuff about and tucks some away in a sub-menu but it isn't doing today what it has been doing for months.

Yes, it looks different on laptops. I am using my laptop now and all is as it was before. I'm charging my tablet, but I'll go and check ...

Oh, Shaun has got in there first ... Thanks, Shaun!

I know it is only a small thing, but I use Mark Forums Read a lot so it was annoying having to go to the sub-menu every time, and that was usually after accidentally clicking Search!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

My screenshot was taken from my TABLET grumpy :tongue:
Yeah, but you probably have a fancy high resolution one - mine only has a 1280 x 800 screen. Actually, so does my laptop but I think I set the tablet to use a larger font because everything was too small for me to read without my glasses on.

I'm even more grumpy now ... It is horribly grey, cold and wet here today so no cycling for me. My sister has dumped a soggy Border Terrier and an ailing laptop on me and has cleared off to Ikea in Leeds with my nephew! :laugh:

I had instructions to entertain the dog and fix the laptop but I got confused and tried fixing the dog and entertaining the laptop! The dog got snappy and the laptop failed to laugh at even one of my jokes ...

The dog is now asleep and f*rting every 5 minutes. The laptop is playing silly buggers ... corrupt file after an automatic update - run chkdsk. Chkdsk won't run unless I reboot. I reboot and chkdsk fails with an unknown error - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Apart from that, it is a laugh a minute here at the ColinJ homestead! :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yeah, but you probably have a fancy high resolution one - mine only has a 1280 x 800 screen. Actually, so does my laptop but I think I set the tablet to use a larger font because everything was too small for me to read without my glasses on.

I'm even more grumpy now ... It is horribly grey, cold and wet here today so no cycling for me. My sister has dumped a soggy Border Terrier and an ailing laptop on me and has cleared off to Ikea in Leeds with my nephew! :laugh:

I had instructions to entertain the dog and fix the laptop but I got confused and tried fixing the dog and entertaining the laptop! The dog got snappy and the laptop failed to laugh at even one of my jokes ...

The dog is now asleep and f*rting every 5 minutes. The laptop is playing silly buggers ... corrupt file after an automatic update - run chkdsk. Chkdsk won't run unless I reboot. I reboot and chkdsk fails with an unknown error - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Apart from that, it is a laugh a minute here at the ColinJ homestead! :okay:
System Restore,.................................................. might even stop the dog f*rting

Top Bottom