England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth Forum ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done buddy, bloody horrible conditions...... I`v been home for nearly a hour and haven`t stopped shaking :cold: :laugh:

I wont be doing a ride like that again :headshake:;)
until next weekend?

but were you doing through choice , getting double time or because of circumstances meant you needed to do extra ?

A little bit of both really mate, I wasn’t on call as such- I was called out on general availability as the standby teams were all out so our dispatchers were asked to ring round and I picked up the call. So in this particular instance I did choose to, but with our kitchen extension starting, me wanting a new indoor trainer and Christmas looming there was impetus to take on the extra hours. I was hoping I’d be back home for 7am and get a quick turn around so I could make the ride but alas I wasn’t home until 1030.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A little bit of both really mate, I wasn’t on call as such- I was called out on general availability as the standby teams were all out so our dispatchers were asked to ring round and I picked up the call. So in this particular instance I did choose to, but with our kitchen extension starting, me wanting a new indoor trainer and Christmas looming there was impetus to take on the extra hours. I was hoping I’d be back home for 7am and get a quick turn around so I could make the ride but alas I wasn’t home until 1030.
im just trying to cover lost earning as wife off work after a stroke and no sick pay or holidays left

im just trying to cover lost earning as wife off work after a stroke and no sick pay or holidays left

Bloody hell mate I’m sorry to hear that, hope she’s ok. Whereas I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now I totally understand your situation of working out of real necessity, when we first bought our house we were paying off big debts taken on to get us moved in and with all the other usual expenditure and increased bills at that time we were well beyond our means and both wholly reliant on overtime to see us through each month. I have three lads from my first marriage and had them to support too.

We count ourselves very lucky to be in a more comfortable place now (although not totally flush) but the sacrifice to get here was massive at the time.

Hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery. :okay:

Top Bottom