"Marmite" Savage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/27/robbie-savage-escapes-driving-ban-abuse-public

"“Someone once described him as being like Marmite. You either love him or the opposite. As a consequence, the car provides something of a safe haven when getting from home to work and to charitable functions.”

He says he has many enemies so why not accept a ban like us commoners would have to do instead of alienating himself even more by his " I'm so important" actions? I was indifferent to this chap but now i've joined the hate him brigade!:thumbsdown:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It was only a 28 day ban, he could have hired a driver for a month, it would have only cost him a few grand.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
These threads always make me feel like a high court judge.

I assume this gentleman is some relation to "Macho Man" Randy Savage, or something?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Just a bloke using a lawyer to avoid a ban. I've witnessed a stack of salesmen, directors, engineers and all types doing just the same, arguing they are too important and the koss of their licence will impact on their duties and lifestyle.

None of them ever made the headlines. Are famous people (nobbers or not) not allowed to do the same as us commoners, is this not inverted anobbery

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/27/robbie-savage-escapes-driving-ban-abuse-public

"“Someone once described him as being like Marmite. You either love him or the opposite. As a consequence, the car provides something of a safe haven when getting from home to work and to charitable functions.”

He says he has many enemies so why not accept a ban like us commoners would have to do instead of alienating himself even more by his " I'm so important" actions? I was indifferent to this chap but now i've joined the hate him brigade!:thumbsdown:

Everyone has the right to appeal against a ban. Some are more successful than others.

Robbie Savage was one of the successful appellants.

End of story really.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm surprised he's allowed to operate a vehicle, I saw him play at Leicester once and he couldn't run more than a few feet without falling over.
A lot of other pitch users seemed to have a few accidents around him.

Davos87

Guru
On a cursory inspection it is very difficult to discern any obvious talent. Given the number of times he currently appears on mainstream media I believe Mr Savages agent deserves a knighthood.