Marmite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm 31 years old and I had Marmite for the first time two months ago and can't get enough of it since. 

I feel I've had a deprived childhood by not being introduced to this magical foodstuff at a young age :thumbsdown:

Shaun

Founder
The smell is bad enough when Mrs. Admin lops it thinly on her toast ... can't imagine what 1.5K's of the stuff smells like.

I'm definitely in the urgh (xx( ) camp!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Oooo there's a special reserve :tongue:

Marmite_XO_02.jpg

Shaun

Founder
"Matured with a stronger taste" ... WHAT ... STRONGER!!! :eek:

It doesn't need to be stronger!! :surrender:

Globalti

Legendary Member
A teaspoon of Marmite stirred into a dish of REAL gravy (made with meat juices and stock) is just perfect, especially when poured over sausages, mash and crisp green cabbage.

OP
OP
gavintc

gavintc

Guru
Does anyone remember the special edition Champagne Marmite they released a couple of years ago - divine. I even managed to get a couple of jars on e-bay well after the promotion was finished.

U

User169

Does anyone remember the special edition Champagne Marmite they released a couple of years ago - divine. I even managed to get a couple of jars on e-bay well after the promotion was finished.

There was a Guinness one too.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'm 31 years old and I had Marmite for the first time two months ago and can't get enough of it since.

I feel I've had a deprived childhood by not being introduced to this magical foodstuff at a young age :thumbsdown:

I would go for counciling, your childhood has been destroyed and you may well have hidden memories of wanting, but not getting marmite.

ChrisKH

Guru
You know what they say, you either love it or hate it.

Which for the record is a load of crap. :eek:

I can take it or leave it; like it on toast but I equally like honey, jam and more recently after 39 years absence, Nutella.

I think it helps if you're a savoury head.

Saddle bum

Über Member

That is serious abuse.