Mars Soil Is 'Too Clumpy' Shocker!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you want something done, do it yourself!
Just can't get the staff, nowadays! :biggrin:

bonj2

like i say, all the fellas with mtbs will be laughing when we all have to emigrate there due to climate change.

Abitrary

bonj said:
like i say, all the fellas with mtbs will be laughing when we all have to emigrate there due to climate change.

I'm pretty sure that NASA have already done a study into potential means of transport on mars, and most traditional bicycles have been ruled out due to the vastly different gravity ratio.

I saw a diagram of something that looked like a 3 wheel recumbent, steel framed to take the force of the gravity. Suspension forks are a no-no because they'd be constantly bottoming out due to the G.

Mr Pig

I liked the fact that after the landing the news announced 'fantastic new images of Mars', then showed us pictures that looks exactly the same as every other picture of Mars you've ever seen!

rich p said:
I think they were after some nice Red Desirees on Mars;)

Mars Pipers.. ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Cunobelin said:
It's simple - water is causing the clumping.........problem solved.
If it is water, and that is quite likely, then that will be an amazing discovery. Water that accessible on the surface will mean that it would be possible to plan manned landings.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Night Train said:
If it is water, and that is quite likely, then that will be an amazing discovery. Water that accessible on the surface will mean that it would be possible to plan manned landings.

Yeah, but why go there? The scenery is pretty awful and there's no atmosphere... it's the solar system's equivelent of a nightclub in Skegness.

Night Train

Maker of Things
There has been talk of trips that are effectively one way by sending up plant to produce the return trip fuel first and then sending people with only enough fuel to get there.

I know who I would send there to see if it works.

Seriously though, if I was younger, fitter and suitably qualified I'd want to go just to be able to do some of the first research on environment building. I just hope that if humans settle there then they do a better job then they have done on Earth.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
But if you did send Bonj up there with some lady astronaut they'd populate the whole planet.

Anyway, surely it doesn't matter if they muck up Mars. It's not that great at the minute.

Top Bottom