Marzipan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Tim Bennet. said:
Which is why you have to get proper marzipan. The stuff I have here is nearly 70% almonds. As I said, chop it up - add salted cashews and it makes brilliant bike food.

Where do you get such high quality marzipan? The stuff in the supermarkets is sugar, fat and almond flavouring (in other words, it's never seen an almond in its life!)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tim Bennet. said:
Which is why you have to get proper marzipan. The stuff I have here is nearly 70% almonds. As I said, chop it up - add salted cashews and it makes brilliant bike food.

That sounds wierd, but good...

BTW, a colleague mentioned cheese flapjacks the other day - she's going to make us some. Another :sad: but :ohmy: idea I think.

U

User482

Tim Bennet. said:

It's easy enough to make - add a whisked egg to ground almonds and sugar.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Arch said:
At school, one of my friend's Mum owned 'the' candyfloss machine that did the school fetes and so on. I was (and still am) fascinated by the way you pour sugar in and this candyfloss just appears, as if from nowhere!

The glass wool insulation in your attic is made in much the same way, though the temperatures are a bit different.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Marzipan is supposed to be a good recovery food. It's :smile:

No idea about the almond content, but this brand is :sad: :sad: :sad:
41lSMUBTEoL._AA280_.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
At the time of our wedding (some 21 years ago) Mrs FF worked in the purchasing office of Renshaws Marzipan in Mitcham> On her last day before our wedding they made her a large Marzipan phallus and placed it erect on her desk... it was a baking hot day and it kept drooping, requiring much 'fluffing' from her colleagues to keep it up before she returned from lunch!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
...did she eat it? :biggrin:

Top Bottom