Marzocchi Bomber 100 mm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User19783

Hi,
I have an old On One Inbred s/s,
Don't use it very much, but I took the bike out yesterday, and noticed the the forks are very soft, left fork had 30psi, but the right fork, nothing.
So I've pumped then up, rode the bike to work, and guess what, the left hand side ok but right-hand side flat.
So my options are,

1 try to get them service
2 try to do a diy service, ( not really an option)
3 buy a new set of forks, (cost!)

For a bike that I only use three or four times a year, but I love the bike.

What do I do,

Cheapest option is to have them service,
But does anybody knows where to send them too?
Or any other recommendations
Would be great.
IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

lpretro1

tftuned do some models of marzocchi - otherwise they need to go to Windwave the uk agents

OP
OP
U

User19783

tftuned do some models of marzocchi - otherwise they need to go to Windwave the uk agents

I've just received my forks yesterday,

I sent them to Windwave ,
took only a few days, to get a full service, now the bike feels like new again,

I am really pleased with they service,
Costing only £85, with postage,

So thank you for your advice, @Ipretro1

My bike lives on,.:okay:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This is a great thread as I have a set of Marzocchi Bomber MX Comp forks that need some attention. After nearly 10yrs of abuse and neglect they are beginning to show a small amount of chatter under braking and I would love to get them sorted before they get any worse.
Any idea what Windwave do for the £85 because that would be money well spent to get another 10yrs out of these forks :smile:

EDIT: Found this on their website. Sounds like the full service is the way to go....
upload_2015-9-9_7-29-46.png

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
This is a great thread as I have a set of Marzocchi Bomber MX Comp forks that need some attention. After nearly 10yrs of abuse and neglect they are beginning to show a small amount of chatter under braking and I would love to get them sorted before they get any worse.
Any idea what Windwave do for the £85 because that would be money well spent to get another 10yrs out of these forks :smile:

EDIT: Found this on their website. Sounds like the full service is the way to go....
View attachment 103173
Skolly,Give Threadgolds in Wythenshawe a bell- they've sorted my forks on a couple of occasions.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just fitted the forks back on to the MTB after sending them away to Windwave for the full service. First impression is that they have done a good job and when holding the bike on the front brake there is zero slop in the headset & fork station area so I think the bushes must have been due for changing as there was some free movement before (but not much). Looking forward to getting out there and trying them out in anger to see if there is any noticeable difference. :okay:

OP
OP
U

User19783

Just fitted the forks back on to the MTB after sending them away to Windwave for the full service. First impression is that they have done a good job and when holding the bike on the front brake there is zero slop in the headset & fork station area so I think the bushes must have been due for changing as there was some free movement before (but not much). Looking forward to getting out there and trying them out in anger to see if there is any noticeable difference. :okay:

Excellent, you won't regret having them done, after my service, I felt the difference, also it felt like I needed to fit a shorter stem, which I did, now I am flying.:smile:

Top Bottom