Masi Speciale Randonneur, any knowledge pointers appreciated possible sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
airborneal

airborneal

Another problem is that I suffer a lot with a chronic back condition and this bike has bar end shifters. I never use the drops on racing bars but do like the various position that the top offer.

I'm sure you're all saying 'why did you buy the bike'. What happened was the elderly guy died and his son sold off both his bikes and would only sell together as he wanted 'shot' of them as he had no interest himself. Ironically the other bike a Specialized Roubaix had only been used a few times on the turbo and never on the road. That was a medium 54cm frame.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I would make it fit as above and keep it. They’re a comfy bike to ride.
And very well made for a production frame.
New they’re around £1100 equiv. you may get £400 ish if you find the right buyer I’d say. Or a little more.

masiStar

Hi guys, got this lovely bike, long story how I came to get it but it isn't the right size and so will probably sell. An elderly gentlemen had it before [he passed away] his son told me he brought it back from New Zealand after a holiday !
Anyone know much about these bikes, I know they are a classic brand but details about possible value is hard to find, especially this model.

It's steel and although a few years old [approx 5 or 6] it hasn't really been ridden, so is in great condition.
size is 53cm. It has bar end shifters

Just looking for some guidance really including where best place is to sell.

Many thanks in advance, even if not fruitful it's a nice bike just to look at more pics if needed View attachment 480427 View attachment 480428 View attachment 480429 View attachment 480430 View attachment 480431 View attachment 480432

Cheers, alan
I'm a little late to the game here but I have that exact bike. 53cm frame and all. these were Taiwan built. I've loved the bike and have ridden thousands of miles on it. I recently started riding it again and have rebuilt it almost completely. I've gotten the weight down to 21lbs and will have it closer to 19lbs with addition of a carbon fork and and new drivetrain. the frame is a really nice geometry. I'm a little over 5'9" and have been very pleased with the riding position and feel. the steel is solid and not as heavy as one might think. the factory components are a bit heavy and the crank arms too long for my taste (172.5mm). this bike should come with 170mm cranks IMO but I still opt for shorter and installed 165mm ultegra crankset. replaced the bar and shifters with microShift brifters and a compact drop bar with slight flare. it's a versatile ride and highly recommend.

Top Bottom