Mason Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

Thanks for all the replies so far. I’m pretty certain I will be ordering a definition. Keep forgetting but after being made redundant and starting a new job I now have access to a cycle to work scheme and think it has an unlimited budget, which I think saves 20% might go all out and treat myself to a di2 model for next year 😬

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Thanks for all the replies so far. I’m pretty certain I will be ordering a definition. Keep forgetting but after being made redundant and starting a new job I now have access to a cycle to work scheme and think it has an unlimited budget, which I think saves 20% might go all out and treat myself to a di2 model for next year 😬

I've had my Definition for nearly 4 years now & every time I ride it it puts a smile on my face. Such a pleasure to ride, responsive and comfortable, a great bike... :okay:

Nebulous

Guru
I don’t know much about Mason bikes, but if I get another bike it will be titanium. I just had a look at their aspect, which looks good. Then I saw the price!

No reason that aluminium bikes can't be as comfortable as steel - a lot of the comfort comes from the tyres and wheels anyway - as you've found with your 32mm upgrade.

My Kinesis Racelight is easily one of the most comfortable bikes I've ridden on rough roads and that's an alloy frame. It compares very well to the steel bikes I've owned.

Edit to add: The definition in black :wub:

Dom Mason was their frame designer for many years before he left to set up Mason, so no surprise that the Kinesis frames ride well.

:becool: Treat yourself :okay:.
I am doing some R.I.Y on my single speed and a CC’er recommended a deal on some Schwalbe G-Ones for it. Realised my Mason arrives in January with G-ones for the winter but come March I will want the faster road going Pro’s so for sake of a few month I am going to change (email) tyres to Tubeless Pro Ones. Really crap weather I will use the SS

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

So, which did the OP go for? Definition or Resolution? Both stunning, but I am a bit of a Mason fan boy!
Got myself a mason definition DI2, have swapped the wheels out for some handbuilts and am very happy with my purchase. Bike is comfortable and fast have smashed most of records on this bike by quite a considerable margin

Top Bottom