Mass meeting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Out of curiosity and not being a club or organisation type person I was wondering if there has ever been a mass gathering of CC members. It would be interesting I think or not?

Drago

Legendary Member
Someone wouldn't be able to resist mentioning Brexit and it would quickly turn into a mass debate.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was very ill in 2012/2013 so I didn't do much riding. I was feeling better in 2014 and decided to organise a comeback forum ride - about 40*** CycleChat riders joined me. That was a fun gathering.

*** I never actually did a head count but I remembered 30 at the time and there were several more who I didn't get to speak to, plus a few others who didn't ride.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Was there not some kind of "picnic in the park" meeting a few years ago which was well attended?
Only thing being, it was London based, and attended by the now flounced politics board tag team. They may well have been a bunch of pussy cats in real life, but I for one wasn't about to spend a day out of my life finding out :eek:.

Edit... This may well have been the Cambridge meet referred to by @biggs682 above. London/Cambridge, it's all the same to us northern savages.

Edit again... I would, on the other hand, be quite interested in attending one of @ColinJ 's ride outs - if I thought for one minute I was fit enough for all those climbs :surrender:. And it is closer to home.

The CC Ecosse group used to have regular (ish) ride outs, but none recently. I seem to remember organising one myself (3 ferries ride) a few years back. Maybe once we are allowed again....:okay:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Was there not some kind of "picnic in the park" meeting a few years ago which was well attended?
Only thing being, it was London based, and attended by the now flounced politics board tag team. They may well have been a bunch of pussy cats in real life, but I for one wasn't about to spend a day out of my life finding out :eek:.

Edit... This may well have been the Cambridge meet referred to by @biggs682 above. London/Cambridge, it's all the same to us northern savages.

Edit again... I would, on the other hand, be quite interested in attending one of @ColinJ 's ride outs - if I thought for one minute I was fit enough for all those climbs :surrender:. And it is closer to home.

The CC Ecosse group used to have regular (ish) ride outs, but none recently. I seem to remember organising one myself (3 ferries ride) a few years back. Maybe once we are allowed again....:okay:

I've ridden with @ColinJ, Good rides.

Top Bottom