Match of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
PNE will be shown and they didn't lose :biggrin::eek::smile::eek::biggrin::smile::smile::biggrin::tongue:^_^:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin::becool:.

You can watch it via the interweb if like me you don't have a telly.

Noodley

I have a "soft spot" for PNE ever since I worked on an adventure holiday camp in 1989 and a school from Preston were there when a "big match" was on. They were great kids (and teachers) and since then I always look out for PNE results. I could even tell you what the score was today without googling :ohmy:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I'm a lapsed season ticket holder and now only make a couple of matches a year. It's too flipping expensive. And you have to sit down :ohmy:.

Do you remember the opposition from the match in 1989? Sheffield Wednesday?

Noodley

longers said:
I'm a lapsed season ticket holder and now only make a couple of matches a year. It's too flipping expensive. And you have to sit down :angry:.

Do you remember the opposition from the match in 1989? Sheffield Wednesday?

Not sure. I think it was a cup match, but it may just as likely have been a local derby. I remember cancelling my plans for the evening programme and sitting with the kids and teacher listening to the match on the radio - I can't even remember whether they won or not, but what has stuck with me (that night and the week I worked with them) was how enthusiastic the kids were about everything, and how much fun the kids and teachers were to be with. Just great :biggrin:

Noodley

longers said:
That's a good memory to have:smile:.

Indeed it is. :biggrin:

Nearly 20 years ago, so it must have been good. Quite a lot of good memories of my time in that job, considering it only lasted 5 months. Although it seemed to have lasted a lot longer.

I had always intended to go to a PNE game sometime...never did. Maybe I will one day :angry:

I also have a "soft spot" for Shrewbury Town due to the same job. And have never seen them either.

Maybe I will be able to fit it in to co-incide with an audax sometime?

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I've been to Gay Meadow for a match. Not sure what the new ground is called but the old one certainly sticks in the memory.

On my list of things to do are ride to Deepdale for a game and ride to an away match also. A Sheffield game would be probable - if we stay in the same league. Doubtful at the moment, thrid division here we come :angry:. At least Oldham isn't too far for a match.

The local team to where I live now is Glossop North End.

Just watched MOTD - Well played Havant and Waterlooville, chapeau!

Dave5N

Über Member
I spend all day Saturdays avoiding the scores. It's like the bloody Likely Lads round here.

C'mon Villa!

Maz

Guru
We exit the cup tomorrow (I'll be there). We're at home to Man City who'll turn us over no probs. Then we can 'concentrate on the league'...not.

Oh...I'm a Blades fan btw.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Some of the best fans I've seen at Deepdale Maz. Good value.

Nearly as good as The Owls :angry:.

mondobongo

Über Member
Given the current climate at Liverpool I fancied that Havant might sneak it given an all out attack as they had nowt to lose for a brief period of time was planning on some new wheels with the winnings from my £3 bet at 100-1.
Alas I got my come uppance as my team came good and I will be struck down next time I attempt to go through the turnstile at Anfield for betting against my beloved Liverpool.
Full credit to Havant they put on a brave display and fully deserved their day and big adventure.

Maz

Guru
longers said:
Some of the best fans I've seen at Deepdale Maz. Good value.

Nearly as good as The Owls :angry:.
Gawd. Don't remind me. They turned us over 2-0 last week. I was desperate to get a ticket for the away end but they were like gold dust. Glad I didn't go in the end.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I've made good money on betting against North End. It's not wrong, just wise especially recently.

If I back them to win and they lose, I'm down on two counts no?

Top Bottom