Matthew Parris times article

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

arranandy said:
This Parris bloke sounds like a bit of an arse

He's an old college friend of my father, and is by all accounts nice, genteel, knowledgeable and polite. I echo the sentiments that this article is out of character.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
SamNichols said:
He's an old college friend of my father, and is by all accounts nice, genteel, knowledgeable and polite. I echo the sentiments that this article is out of character.

Yep, I would have used those words to describe him as well until now.

I don't recognise the littering aspect of roadies either that is eluded to in the article. Well at least I've not witnessed deliberate littering though I have seen the odd power-bar wrapper along the road-side. Compared to the amount of trash that lines the highways of Britain deposited by drivers it seems barely an issue. (That however does not make littering acceptable by cyclist either).

I've usually enjoyed his writing and television appearances until now. He struck me as approachable and erudite. This is obviously "I've got nothing to write about but need the £700 they'll pay me" tosh.

I'm never buying The Times again. I shall revert to nicking it from WHSmith on Victoria and loading their honesty box with pesetas, francs, DMarks, rupees, rubles and gryvnia.

domtyler

Über Member
To be fair it reads as if he was pissed at the time he wrote it. Either that or he is having a mental health episode.

It doesn't take any effort at all to be this provocative, I could suggest that we all go round and nail him to the wall of his living room and make him watch his wife be gang raped by a bunch of Lycra clad cyclists before setting fire to the place. It would not take much effort and would probably get a response.

This demonstrates that he has not earned his money, just lazily tapped out a random piece of drivel instead of putting in the required effort to write a decent piece. He has ripped off his employers and should be reprimanded by them.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
domtyler said:
To be fair it reads as if he was pissed at the time he wrote it. Either that or he is having a mental health episode.

It doesn't take any effort at all to be this provocative, I could suggest that we all go round and nail him to the wall of his living room and make him watch his wife be gang raped by a bunch of Lycra clad cyclists before setting fire to the place. It would not take much effort and would probably get a response.

This demonstrates that he has not earned his money, just lazily tapped out a random piece of drivel instead of putting in the required effort to write a decent piece. He has ripped off his employers and should be reprimanded by them.

Psssst... Dom, Matthew Parris is gay.
Thought you should know in advance of any vendetta.

T x

the ctc have a piece in this weeks newsletter they suggest emailing the new editor mailto:james.harding@thetimes.co.uk though to be honest i'll be very suprised if any action is taken.

Cab

Not sure theres anything the PCC can do. Have emailed the editor, as requesting random murder of cyclists by use of piano wire, even in jest is chilling.

Brock

Cathryn said:
This is appalling. Makes my blood go cold. I'm off to write my polite but steaming reply right now.

Although completely appropriate I think it's probably wrong to send.. errm 'steaming' substances through the post Cathryn.

davidwalton

This does not surprise me at all.

A long time ago I asked:-

1. Why do people not care for others?
2. Why is it expected to put one over another whenever possible?
3. Why should the average Joe care when none of the political institutes do?

The only answer I could come up with is that it is our nature.

Top Bottom