Mavic Aksium Race Rear Hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Anyone know where I could get one from?

Bike unrideable today after piece of metal that holds the spokes in place broke, so need to get a new hub and have wheel rebuilt by lbs.

I'm not having any joy with google so reaching out to forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
Spent hours today on tinterweb trying to find a supplier but without success.
Anyone used or sourced a supplier of mavic hubs?
I'll try an email to mavic next.
Hate to ditch this wheel!

Sharky

Guru
I might have what you are looking for.

Is it shimano or campag? Mine is the shimano version.

I had a crash a few years ago and the rim bent and the spokes just collapsed. I tried to price up a rebuild, using a new rim, but it was cheaper to pick up a new wheel.

It's been in my tool box for the last 5 years doing nothing, so if you want it, you can have it.

Email me if interested sharky_ward@ btinternet.com.
Don't want anything for it, but you can donate the equivalent of the postage costs to sponsor my daughter who is running the London marathon this year once you receive it.

http://www.justgiving.com/MelanieGWard

Cheers keith

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
I'll email - very grateful!

Still like to source suppliers of mavic parts though for future reference.

Last edited:

lpretro1

You can only get mavic through retail premises these days. They used to be available via wholesalers but changed a number of years ago...

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
Got a couple of replies from shops who advised that mavic doesn't provide spare complete hubs to retailers as it wouldn't be cost effective to buy hub and rebuild wheel compared to cost of new wheel.

Hopefully the spare from sharkey is the right one otherwise likely to get new wheel.

Sharky

Guru
Got a couple of replies from shops who advised that mavic doesn't provide spare complete hubs to retailers as it wouldn't be cost effective to buy hub and rebuild wheel compared to cost of new wheel.

Hopefully the spare from sharkey is the right one otherwise likely to get new wheel.
It's on it's way.
Keith

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
They don't do spares for factory wheels, so it's new, or crash'ed/worn out wheels like Sharky's.
True in the case of Mavic, but I have seen 3rd party rims with the right spoke count. I have a set of Aksium hubs stored somewhere. Seems a waste to dump them

Top Bottom