Mavic Aksium, spacer for 10spd cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
OK, so I have searched the forum for an answer to this, and the only thread I found that was near to what I needed was from 2009. So to avoid a "Holt thread resurrection" comment I have decided to post a new thread instead....

I have a Mavic Askium rear wheel with a Shimano 9spd cassette, and I am using the supplied spacer that came with the wheel. I am just about to change the cassette to 10spd, question is do I need a different spacer (I think the 10spd cassette is narrower?). I thought my Mavic wheel came with another spacer but have just gone to look for it but cannot find it :-(

Any pointers/advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Iirc no. Pretty sure I put a 10 speed sram cassette on my Aksiums with the same spacer I had with a Shimano 9 speed cassette.

OP
OP
Broadside

Broadside

Guru
Ok thanks all, I think that answers it; I need to use the additional spacer that I have lost! Does anyone have one they want to sell? Or advice on what spacer to buy?

Edit: thanks Pete, I think we cross-posted. That looks like the same washer I am currently using on my 9spd cassette, will give it a whirl and if it doesn't work then try ordering another spacer. Thanks

Top Bottom