1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mavic Cosmic Elites...

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Mortiroloboy, 15 Jul 2007.

1. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Any good? Have any of you got a pair of these, or know anyone who has? looking for a bit of feedback, I guess they are pretty good as they are Mavic, I did have a pair of Aksiums on my Spesh and they were nice wheels, looked good in silver, and rolled well, I don't like the fact that the cosmics only seem to come in black tho'. Any thoughts? Parkers are selling them at £240 which seems like a good price.

2. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

I guess it depends on what you want the wheels for. With the Cosmic elites you are trading some weight increase for a degree of aero dynamics from the deepish section rim and the flat spokes.

But for the same money you could get a pair of Open Pros on a good hub which will be lighter, less cross wind effected, and infinitely repairable in the longer term, and available in all sorts of colours.

3. OP
    OP
    Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Thankyou, I want them for fitness/pleasure riding, when the time comes to upgrade, I will bear in mind your suggestion, as The main things are, that they roll well, are strong/dependable (I weigh 75Kg) and look reasonable. So maybe the LBS build up will be the way to go.

4. Big T

Big T Über Member

I think Ksyrium Elites are better than the Cosmics and not much more money, if you shop around - I've seen them for £259.