Mavic Ksyrium SL wheel set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
They're good, but it depends on what you'll use the for.

For racing/training they're excellent (light and stiff). For touring round Asia with 10kg of luggage, they'd be useless.

Hi CB, I upgraded the stock RS80's on my CAAD10 to SL's when I bought it, and I am in love with these wheels :wub:

I am certainly not built like Mr Shleck, more like Cav, Hushovd, & Pettachi roled into one, (but without the fitness or any of the ability), but these wheels feel so strong and the build quality is second to none.

I find climbing easier with these wheels, and my aluminium, (yes alumnium!), CAAD10 weighs in at considerably less than my carbon fibre bike, mind you it did with the RS80's too - who needs carbon? :biggrin:

They roll superbly, and more importantly, they look phenomenal :whistle:

They came with a 2 year crash replacement policy, so I have complete peace of mind for 2 years as well. (don't know if this is a Mavic standard?). Apparently it should have cost 10% off the cost of the wheelset, but Wheelbase chucked it in for me when I bought the bike :tongue:

This is the first 'proper' wheelset I've ever had, and I was sceptical, but I can honestly say that you can feel where the extra ££'s go when you ride them.

I was looking at the Fulcrum F1's at the same time as these, but I think the SL's look far better, the F1's look a bit cheap with silver spokes IMHO.

All in all, I cannot recommend these wheels highly enough, here's my baby with the SL's :thumbsup:

img0705mb.jpg

mike-L

Yeh, I won a 2nd hand a pair of these on Ebay. Even so they cost twice the price of the frame, but they transform the bike. They took a kilo of rotational weight off and its now 9.9999 Kg 8^) and boy do I fly up hills now. They are superbly built wheels. I have Miche Kyrlions on them and they just sing along. Suited for club/racing and day rides, would probably not choose them for loaded touring, but that's all!

med_gallery_13195_80_276998.jpg

Does anyone have experience with these wheels ? Would they be worth buying ?

VamP

Banned
I have the Ksyrium Elite and they are fantastic wheels, which have made an immense difference to the speed of my bike.

Love them.

I am guessing that with SL's you will just get more of the same. Having said that, are they better than other wheels in the same price bracket - who knows?

What is your main reason for upgrading? You can get aero effect wheels in that kind of price range too, so have a think what your main types of riding are, and whether aero might not get you better benefits.

Top Bottom