Mavic Sport VS Omega Mach 1 , What Is Stronger ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I thought thems were just rims?

Get yourself down to a decent wheelbuilders' shop and ask for a suitable wheelbuild. (GBH just off tibb st in town will sort you out, as will surosa cycles in oldham and plenty of others)

If I were you i'd go for something like a velocity deep V on a good largish flange hub, 36H.

From another big lad.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
dan_bo said:
I thought thems were just rims?

Get yourself down to a decent wheelbuilders' shop and ask for a suitable wheelbuild. (GBH just off tibb st in town will sort you out, as will surosa cycles in oldham and plenty of others)

If I were you i'd go for something like a velocity deep V on a good largish flange hub, 36H.

From another big lad.

Hi Mate

Sorry I should have said, they are on a bike im going to look at tonight, I have Mavic sport on my Ribble and just wanted to make sure the ones on the new (eBay) bike are just as strong.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Did you mean Mavic Open Sport?

I got one of those rims by mistake when I ordered Open Pros. It felt cheap & flimsy when compared with the Open Pro rim.

And Mavic doesnt seem to have the unimpeachable reputation for quality it used to have...although got to say that my handbuilt 36 spoke Open Pros on 105 hubs have proved utterly bombproof, even off-road.

Sorry no input on the Omega.

redjedi

Über Member
I can't say I've used the Omegas, but when I was looking for wheels they are all over the place on Ebay and are very cheap.

They would probably do a job but maybe not as good as your Mavics. Don't let them be a selling point of the bike.

MartinC

Über Member
The most important component in a wheel is the skill of the person who made it. This probably isn't much help but the without knowing how well built they are then comparing components isn't going to help. Sorry.

Top Bottom