Mavic wheels, worth anything?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Broughtonblue, 29 Jul 2012.

1. Broughtonblue

Broughtonblue Veteran

I took these off an old bike about 5 years ago and they have been gathering dust since. Just wondering if any of you kind folk on here could give me an idea if they are worth putting on eBay and if so a fair valuation?
    The front wheel is marked-
    mavic 221 (559x17-6106) ub control. DT Swiss spokes
    Rear
    Mavic 217 (559x17-6106) SUP ub control. DT Swiss spokes
    Both have shimano deore xt hubs.
    I believe they are both 'true' and in good condition although one of the mavic stickers is coming away slightly. Would seem a shame to scrap them
    Thanks in advance

2. Norm

Norm Guest

How much use have they had? Did you use them with rim brakes and, if so, how much wear is on the rims? How do they feel when you spin them, is there any tightness or grinding in the hubs?

They are good wheels, good spokes and good hubs, I'd suggest £50 wouldn't be overly ambitious.

3. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

Why pay eBay fees? Bung 'em on the classified section on here :smile:

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Sent from a recumbent.... settee.

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

I would buy them off you but I'd want to know how worn the braking surfaces are.

5. Norm

Norm Guest

Indeed. I'm also wondering what the compatibility is. At that age, I'd guess Shimano 8 speed?

6. OP
    OP
    Broughtonblue

Broughtonblue Veteran

Ok. Seems I only gave half the info needed! I will clean them up and post some pics on here, I will also try to answer all the questions already asked, and indeed any more that get asked!
    Just one more question, is there a section on here with the information of how to post pics!!!!

7. Norm

Norm Guest

8. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

as long as good braking surface Norms £50 estimation wont be far away

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice