Max heart rate Increase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@PaulSB - I will be playing with my maps tonight. If you work out your own route to and from Whalley, I'll work out this end for you. Would you like me to include or avoid steep stuff where there is a choice?
That's kind Colin. Thank you. I can get to Whalley with my eyes shut - it's a regular jumping off point to the Ribble Valley for us.

My criteria is always quality of the ride and scenery. If that means lots of climbing so be it. I am a bit of a hill hunter but it's not a priority, it's the ride which counts.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My criteria is always quality of the ride and scenery. If that means lots of climbing so be it. I am a bit of a hill hunter but it's not a priority, it's the ride which counts.
At this end you would have the option of staying high and going to the little cafe in Heptonstall. It has reopened with new management since I used to go there. I think it is quite expensive. You would have much more choice of cafes if you did the quick, fun descent into Hebden Bridge, but then you would have a climb back up after your break, the choice being moderate (back the way you came down), quite hard (up through Heptonstall, including a stretch of cobbles), or b*st*rd hard - Mytholm Steeps!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@rog4747 - I hope that you have been helped by some of the answers.

Sorry for diverting your thread somewhat!
whistling.gif
(It often happens on CycleChat, but I actually like that this forum isn't too rigid about staying on-topic. I was on another forum where I got an official warning after just once wandering slightly off-topic, and a threat of a ban for doing it again a week later. I gave up on them shortly afterwards - it felt like being back at school...)

I will just finish my little chat with Paul though...

@ColinJ Mytholm Steeps is on my list to climb so might as well do it while I'm there!

I've visited HB several times. Lots of good cafes.
I assumed that so I had just put it in! :okay:

Whalley to Whalley by my route comes in at about 78 km/49 miles. It's a lumpy, scenic route apart from about 20 minutes through Barrowford/Nelson on the way out and about the same round the western flanks of Burnley on the way back***. I'll check the route tomorrow and tidy it up then I'll edit this post and attach a couple of GPX files.

*** still lumpy, not so scenic! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom