Max tyre clearance Genesis Equilibrium 2018 rim brake.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wooger

I just picked up a lightly used Genesis Equilibrium, and I’m probably going to swap the tyres out very soon to Conti GP5000.

I use 32c on my current (gravel) bike, and want to stay as big as reasonable on the new one as I’m ~19 stone just now and want to give the bike and especially the rims a fighting chance.

Can anyone confirm the max tyre clearance on the rim brake 2018 Genesis equilibrium, with & without mudguards?

There looks to be loads of space around the current 25c tyres, but I’m think 30c is the max.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think I'd get anything bigger than a 28 on mine (older) with the mudguards. I have 36h rims (~15 stone), 25s and SKS Mudguards.
I seem to think Genesis say max 28mm although 30mm might work (remembering tyres of the same size will vary a lot when inflated, and you'll need fairly high pressure given your weight)
Some discussion here
https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tyre-clearance-on-a-genesis-equilibrium/

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Deep drop rim brake calipers are still very limited compared with disc brakes, but you might be able to get 28c tyres with mudguards if you currently have 25c with a little space, I wouldn't think you would be able to go bigger though.

Top Bottom